the Rift

[OPEN] Make me Stronger [Moon or Spark]

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
When she arrived, Ashamin could not help but hear the faintest sense of relief. He may have hated himself for it, were he aware of its twinge, but it was true. The God of the Spark had made him wait and offered him nothing but a sarcastic and biting tone that Ashamin was not yet tough enough to withstand.

In time, the haruspex would be better suited to his own God. But when the Goddess of the Moon arrived and appeared to be not so cruel as her brother, it was a blessing. She was as beautiful as she had been when he had first seen her in the Green Labyrinth, but here she was in her element. To see her here was to see her in a place of pride. So many, Ashamin was sure, had worshipped her.

What could they find to fault?

As if embarrassed, he curled his snakelike tail forward and around his hind legs. The rope of it ceased his motion, too. It was a good way to force himself to rest--to mask the quaking of his limbs before the Goddess. Ashamin had been shocked but Lochan had not moved a muscle the entire time. Where he had watched, the Goddess had appeared in smoke. The Goddess' presence now only affirmed the companion's attention to the stirring of magic in the wind. Perhaps it was luck or perhaps it was the dark magic that Lochan possessed and Ashamin did not, but no matter what it showed the way they complemented each other.

"This coil? It was gifted to me by a spirit on the night of Lochan's birth. Whether it was sent by the God of the Spark, I do not know..." Ashamin tilted his head at the memory of the watcher, such a strange singing shadow, "...but it had a beautiful voice, and it sang the most mournful of songs."

Of course, memory was likely tricking the haruspex. Lochan looked up at his bonded now with white eyes that, though appearing blank, were searching. Was that really how Ashamin remembered the watcher's song? Was that really the truth of the matter?

Ashamin looked at the Goddess now, watched her face turn softer; why it had been branded by a frown at all, he did not know. Those memories were not something he was privy to--not now, perhaps not ever.

When she touched the earth and brought herself into his realm for a time, his breath caught before her gaze. Perhaps it was not as soft as she thought, perhaps she too had some disdain for the haruspex. What was it about him, he wondered, that warranted such looks? Was this simply how it always was? He was humbled as always, humbled as before. Slowly, Ashamin returned to what he had been.

Ashamin was shy before her. His hocks turned with a nervous energy. When she asked him a question he found himself without an answer until his companion impatiently nudged his knee. Why was he here? Ah, yes.

"I wish to be made stronger," he said with a quiver in his voice but a confidence in his heart. "The magic that I have is a boon, but I wish to do more for my herd. The same electricity that powers my and so many hearts... I can only imagine how many I could aid if it could be made manifest."

He tried to meet her gaze--to match coal with diamonds. Would she respect that, or should he look away?

"" ""
ASHAMIN

image credits

Update--
Questing for:
Magic::SparkxDark:: Able to manifest his/another's heart as a creature made of harmless electricity which can be hurt/killed. All damage done to the vulnerable manifestation harms its source.
Restriction: Lasts 30 seconds in battle. Requires permission outside of battle.

Same:
Would also like to use my 5 small items to make a large item and receive the following   (wording approved with Brit):
Item. Offensive. Spiked spinal piece made of sharpened black antlers carved with gold runes. Attached via leather around throat latch, breast, and girth.

@Mythical Request

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
Make me Stronger [Moon or Spark] - by Ashamin - 12-04-2015, 08:21 PM
RE: Make me Stronger [Moon or Spark] - by Ashamin - 12-11-2015, 09:52 PM
RE: Make me Stronger [Moon or Spark] - by Ashamin - 12-15-2015, 03:04 PM