the Rift

[OPEN] Make me Stronger [Moon or Spark]

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen

The Goddess spoke, and Ashamin listened with consummate care. He noticed, for a mere second, that he stood at her exact height. Perhaps in this way alone, they were equal. But he knew better than to think that, knew better than to figure that the form she bore before him now was her truest one. Had he not just seen her as mist and dark, as shadow and smoke?

No, this was a goddess. She was something and everything more than he was. In his humility, he would never dare to think otherwise.

As she dismissed the trinket's origins, he too followed. It was not the point of the matter, here. He had wandered to the veins and been met by her. He was her audience, to her he would listen. And when she pondered on his own words, considered and turned them, he knew that was what he had to be thinking of. His coal eyes watched attentively, his long tail flickered and hovered ever so slightly above the ground. Lochan was still--entranced.

She was correct; strength was comparative. So the question was what would his point of comparison be: himself or his herd? Her logic was straightforward enough, but the implied difficulties of its moralities tripped the haruspex up. Hurt his own herd? He could not picture it. He loved them all, cared for them all. Not now, and so he falsely thought not ever, would he have the animosity within him required to harm a member of the basin with such cruel and selfish intent.

But maybe the haruspex did not know the extent of his limits, yet. These were things that perhaps he would learn.

Still, standing before her, the answer was clear. "If one must be weakened before they can gain strength, the plant before it grows back again tougher, then let me take that pain upon myself," Ashamin said. He thought of those in life who had taught him--he thought of honor. To say anything else would be a horrible thing, he thought. Certainly, he was not the kind who could just hurt for his own gains. "I will do as you ask, and return to you with the injuries you require," he said.

Ashamin didn't think about fear as he stared into the darkness that surrounded the moon's mistress and her shrine. He didn't think about the sheer horror and pain his body would need to endure to complete the task, he thought only this: never, never could I hurt the ones I care for with such cruelty.

But oh, how wrong he was.

"" ""
ASHAMIN

image credits

Ashamin is picking the first quest: to take the injury upon himself.

Q: What do you mean by 4 of the primary elements? Does this mean:
All 4: earth, wind, fire, water
One element from each God
Or just pick 4 from all the elements? (This is how I understood it)
I want to be sure, everyone I talk to has a different interpretation than me. ;-; I understand that one magic can't count for two, even if its a hybrid magic.

@Mythical Request

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
Make me Stronger [Moon or Spark] - by Ashamin - 12-04-2015, 08:21 PM
RE: Make me Stronger [Moon or Spark] - by Ashamin - 12-11-2015, 09:52 PM
RE: Make me Stronger [Moon or Spark] - by Ashamin - 12-15-2015, 03:04 PM