the Rift

[PRIVATE] eyes on fire

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno
Sikeax,
There’s something about him, something about those crimson eyes with the dark shadows that make her notice that she’s no longer standing on equal ground. In her herd, she stands high with the elite. It’s ground she’s gained through determination that pushed her through the deepest days of her depression and led her to stand on a pedestal when now all that she strives for is to stand on the same group with all of her family, most importantly the small group of healers she’d grown so attached to. For her, there was supposed to be respect that’s never been noticed. A feeling of power. Hobgoblin wears that feeling for her, but right now, he’s so caught up in the hopes of food that he can’t even think of that.
Here she stands, purely Sikeax as she once was when their souls weren’t tied, like a sinner casted into the depths of hell who finally crawls on their knees in front of Lucifer himself.
And oh, how he makes her on edge with this eyes, the wicked smile that makes her want to crumble before him.
He puts her attention towards the dragon, turning her pretty baby blues in head to look at the scaled mass. She can’t bring herself to move her neck in fear of what it might do, and to turn herself away from him, whoever he is, would be like spitting death in the face.
A proposition is made. With it, she sinks further and further into a beggar, forced to live at the bottom of the food chain with the sick, weak and old because someone who couldn’t control a dragon, but who is she to point fingers when she cannot even control Hobgoblin?
Excitement encourages her as he changes, shifting upon clawed feet as screams fill the air. Hunger pushes him on to beg more when chirps litter his lips. His mouth never once chooses to close through the entire presentation of food, leaping with his wounded wings flapping as hard as they can when the dragon circles low.
Too scared to fly, he doesn’t make pursuit.
Out of love and fear of how far hunger will push him, she breaks at least. “Hobgoblin, go with the dragon if you can. He’ll give you food.”
He ignites in a flurry, flinging himself upon shattered wings, driven on by the idea of food. His flight is awkward and clumsy while she watches in partial horror and hope as he throws his body into the foliage with jaws wide, cries pouring out from him like he’s waited for this moment his entire life and cannot wait any longer.
Alone, unprotected, abandoned, it’s time to make the deal with the devil.
The advance is enough to make her step back, pawing outwards with one leg in an attempt to push him backwards. “You have to promise me that nothing will happen to him from your dragon. I accept your offer but I want safety for him before you do anything to me. He’s still a baby and has had enough.”
And with that, she becomes all that she’s told herself never to be. Sold out for a meal that wasn’t even for herself, pushed on by love for someone who destroys her without second thought.
What a waste of pride.

OOC: Sia officially consented to Vol with this. I probably won’t reply after this post unless it’s absolutely needed so it’ll ‘fade to black’
Hobgoblin changes to his Wyvern form about half way through the post.

talk
credits

@Volterra

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Messages In This Thread
eyes on fire - by Volterra - 12-04-2015, 06:05 PM
RE: eyes on fire - by Sikeax - 12-15-2015, 12:20 AM
RE: eyes on fire - by Volterra - 12-15-2015, 04:13 PM
RE: eyes on fire - by Sikeax - 12-19-2015, 09:34 PM