the Rift

[OPEN] Paper Sun [JOINING]

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki

"It can turn the whole world upside down, shake it 'til the sky falls to the ground. 
We don't have to reap the fear they sow, friends, as long as we hide our love away, 
In the good they'll never know."

The trip wasn’t a long one.  Iona certainly didn’t mind the silence.  She couldn’t help but think of how much Orithia reminded her of the vengeful piece of herself that had set off looking for a revolution after the attack that had almost robbed her of her wings.  Alysanne had handled the encounter in an entirely different fashion – Iona got angry, Alysanne was torn apart from the inside out.  That’s what led Iona to seek out Miykael’s help.  Although it seemed that, in the long run, there was more to the story. Iona needed to follow-up with the fallen angel who was no longer mooning over her sister and had seeming left her with a child. She knew he was here. Somewhere. And she would find him. 

When the border of the Edge becomes to come into focus, its obvious that the winds have yet to pick up and clear the mist from the border.  The forests were almost completely obscured, as was the fractured wall. Iona kept an eye on the fiery mare in her company, waiting to see her reaction to what would potentially be her new home.  She’s amused by the girl’s reaction to the mist though.  Iona manages to hide the amusement, though.  At least initially. 

“Of course it is.  I’m hilarious, remember?” Iona deadpanned, looking back at the cream and rose mare.  Iona looked back to the misty forest before speaking again. 

“The mists come and go.  You’ll learn to use them to your advantage. They aren’t much of a hindrance and they disperse as quickly as they come.  Once you learn where obstacles are – especially the cliff - even thick mists won’t slow you down.”  The mist was cool against her dark skin as they walked, beading on her flight feathers.  It was only a few moments before they came upon the eerie sight of the glass wall.  Mist pressed against the surface and water dripped down the jagged pieces making it look even more unnatural.  Iona didn’t keep the distaste off her features and shook her head.  

“Watch the glass.  The glaziers – the herd’s crafters – are working on a variety of projects to clean up this health hazard and turn it into something more useful.  Until that happens, best to watch yourself or save yourself the hassle and just go over.” Iona gestured to the top, but didn’t take flight.  Instead she picked her way carefully over the shards and into the proper boundary of the herdland.  

”So.  I assume you want to be a fighter.  Though you could also choose to be a healer, a spy, or serve under the seer if you wished.  And there’s always the glass,” she added, nodding back towards the glass wall with a smirk.

I O N A

image credits  

@Orithia
I SO SORRY THIS TOOK 5EVER. 
I hurt my back and was on (legal) drugs. D:

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit 

Messages In This Thread
Paper Sun [JOINING] - by Orithia - 12-05-2015, 12:34 AM
RE: Paper Sun [JOINING] - by Iona - 12-05-2015, 09:42 PM
RE: Paper Sun [JOINING] - by Orithia - 12-07-2015, 03:17 PM
RE: Paper Sun [JOINING] - by Alune - 12-07-2015, 05:15 PM
RE: Paper Sun [JOINING] - by Tembovu - 12-09-2015, 02:54 AM
RE: Paper Sun [JOINING] - by Erthë - 12-10-2015, 11:02 PM
RE: Paper Sun [JOINING] - by Iona - 12-19-2015, 01:36 AM
RE: Paper Sun [JOINING] - by Orithia - 12-22-2015, 04:25 PM