the Rift

[PRIVATE] Coal Smudged Hearts

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
rexanna
I had a dream you were two towns from me —
I watched my Lady carefully, ears perked toward her for signs of any direction of help she might need, or why she called my name in the first place. She dipped her head to me which seemed rather surprising for me.  I wasn't sure if it was something that a lead did, dipped their head to those lower than them. Deimos never had and I hadn't seen Thranduil since his promotion to Lord. While I was slightly taken back by her kind gesture, I felt the annoyance still flickering in the back of my skull of not being able to remember her name. Before I knew it, she had told me and relief started to spread within my mind. Hotaru. I needed to remember that. As I watched the mare before me, I realized that it shouldn't be that difficult to remember such a unique name for such a unique Queen.

However, relief spread thoroughly through me as she said I already had been of assistance. Though while I was curious of how I had been, I was mostly just bumbling around trying to figure out exactly what my job was. I was stuck in a way where I couldn't speak with Thranduil, and I hadn't known Hotaru enough to even know that she was a Thief beforehand. I didn't have any familiarity with anyone that held the title after her either, so learning how to do my job the best I could came with a bit of trial and error. Apparently, I had been doing great, according to my Queen in front of me. Blue eyes curiously watched her as she continued on. My heart beating with a fierce fire and what seemed to be pride swelling in my chest. She spoke of being a Thief before her promotion and how she was pleased to see that I had taken the work that her and Arah left behind. An ear flickered back at the mention of Arah, a name I was unfamiliar with. Perhaps someone else I could have looked to for the chance of learning how to do my job - but from what it sounded like, I didn't need any help. My smile stayed soft on my features and I nodded along with her, deep down I was glad that I could fill such a position.

As she continued, I listened intently. Curious to the mare as to what she was going to say. When the words left her lips, it almost felt as though the world paused around me. I could hear my heartbeats vibrating in my ears. a promotion? Did I just skip two Tiers and make it to the top? Without having much of an idea of what I was doing? I remembered that painted stag I had tried to steal from before without success, but the protection I gave to Thranduil when Ophelia came bounding back in the attempts to take him from us. Perhaps that was enough of a show for the Leads that I could handle myself. I nodded to her, numbly, full of excitement and pride. The smile on my face grew bigger and surged with authenticity. I replayed the words in my head for a brief moment to make sure that I heard her right. "If you will allow me to bestow it upon you, will you become my Thief?" Within a heartbeat of the replay I nodded to her. Dual toned mane dancing with the wind of the fading day.

"Of course, Hotaru. I would be absolutely honored to be your Thief." That was all I could muster without looking crazy by thanking her a billion times, and as I thought about it I realized I probably should thank her for such a huge opportunity. "Thank you for this opportunity." I said just about as calmly as I could, blue eyes dragging from her momentarily to look upon the canine that accompanied her that I seemed to forget about in the moments of being fearful of getting tossed out of the Basin. What was I thinking? If anyone had known my fears before now, they would have found it to be stupid, especially considering the title I held now. No longer a Phantom, but finally a Thief. I couldn't help but keep the smile glued to my lips as well as pride bellowing into my chest. And now, knowing that Hotaru had been a Thief beforehand, at least I had someone more accessible and, well, relatable to look up to for information. As well as perhaps getting to learn from her of what exactly she wanted me to do, instead of trying to do it on my own.

"Talk."
— got to sleep,
spent the whole night running.
image credits

@Hotaru YAY! <3
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
Coal Smudged Hearts - by Hotaru - 12-06-2015, 02:31 AM
RE: Coal Smudged Hearts - by Rexanna - 12-06-2015, 04:17 AM
RE: Coal Smudged Hearts - by Hotaru - 12-17-2015, 08:00 PM
RE: Coal Smudged Hearts - by Rexanna - 12-18-2015, 12:53 AM