the Rift

[OPEN] sleeping with my clothes on

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
Eventide is softly casting o'er the earth a magic spell,
And a love-song, everlasting, on the night wind seems to swell.

This was decidedly not the kind of reaction Erthë had expected. Where was the screaming, the shouting, the squealing and chasing? Where was her chance to hobble off with a wicked laugh as the victims of her prank came running after her, cursing and promising hell and heaven in whatever order they preferred?

Instead she found herself faced with one girl squealing in delight of all things, while another looked like she was about to laugh. It was underwhelming. Anticlimactic, disappointing. She looked from one to the other and back again, and slowly a pout began to form on her lips that made her look exactly her actual age.

"You guys are no fun at all" she accused, and straightened herself up. A few droplets of water trickled down the pink of her nose, then froze - trapped between the chill in the air and the frigid temperature of the dove's skin.

"You were supposed to scream, didn't you know that? Do you get water frozen on you so often that it's not even weird anymore? Shouldn't you at least worry about what might happen if you get stuck in this place until the ice melts again?"

She huffed and ruffled up the feathers, almost insulted by their lack of reaction. Okay, so magic was common in Helovia but come on, it still didn't happen every day of every month of every year, now did it? If nothing else, couldn't they at least act surprised, so she got the pleasure of showing off?

The small one was at least sufficiently impressed, if not perhaps in the way Erthë had wanted. She appraised her over pursed lips, absorbing the sturdy built and exuberant exclamations with equal interest - it must be the size that did it because when she thought about it, the girl couldn't be much older than Erthë herself. Yet they were years apart in experience, it seemed, because it seemed a really silly thing to ask about. How she froze the water?

"I used magic, of course" Erthë replied imperiously and drew herself up into what she thought should be an impressive posture. "Don't tell me you've never seen that before. Everyone knows about it."

Oh, it felt so good to be in the loop of things! Erthë could totally see why Volterra had enjoyed showing off his magic and his dragon to her, if this was the feeling he got. The awed look on the girls face was worth Agnodice's smirks, did a marvelous job of smoothing down her ruffled feathers (and wounded pride).

"Who are you?" she asked, tilting her head in honest curiosity. "I've never seen you around before."

Agnodice had already introduced her, so Erthë felt no need to repeat her own name - what if it got worn out? That would be awkward.

@Macaria
@Agnodice

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
sleeping with my clothes on - by Macaria - 12-06-2015, 10:23 AM
RE: sleeping with my clothes on - by Agnodice - 12-06-2015, 11:10 PM
RE: sleeping with my clothes on - by Erthë - 12-10-2015, 06:54 AM
RE: sleeping with my clothes on - by Macaria - 12-26-2015, 09:52 PM
RE: sleeping with my clothes on - by Agnodice - 12-26-2015, 10:56 PM
RE: sleeping with my clothes on - by Erthë - 01-14-2016, 06:16 AM