the Rift

[OPEN] in the dead of night

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
Auriel
My dreams are filled with butterflies and hellhounds bounding across a pond. It's snowing, but the flakes never seem to hit the water. When I try to follow the butterflies and hellhound across the water, I sink. They don't even look back at me. They keep going, making soft ripples on top of the water. I try to call out to them, but I can't speak. I can't do anything but watch them run away without me.

I'm jolted from my strange dream by the feeling of something small being thrown at my wing, near my shoulder. I let out an agitated snort, my smoky exhale particularly ominous. When I look over, I see a small, white shape. Sleep still blurs my vision, so I don't see exactly what it is. I consider the fact that it's an angel, but it's blotched with red and too tiny to be an angel, I think. It makes some strange noise at me, then leaves as soon as it came.

My pale brow furrows, blinking sleep from my eyes and standing up wearily. Was I hallucinating? I don't remember taking anything. I had vowed not to dabble in that sort of thing after watching what had happened to my father. Sure, the temptation was there every now and then (I am his daughter, after all), but I had resisted it well.

When I look down, I see there is blood where the tiny pale figure was. It couldn't have been a hallucination, then. I notice then the small item that had been thrown at me by the pale figure. It looks to be a dagger, but it's cover in blood. I frown, picking it up and removing it from it's sheath to wipe the fluid off.

It's little, and gold, with a white hilt and floral designs to match it's sheath. I move to place it back in it's sheath, but I find that it doesn't fit well with the hilt turned upwards. I place it with the hilt down, though, and it's a perfect fit, it's tip sticking out quite dangerously. I don't believe the little figure will be coming back for it anytime soon, so I strap it to my left cannon. I would hang onto it for the white thing I had seen, till it needed the dagger back.
she belongs to the fire
Image Credit
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Messages In This Thread
in the dead of night - by Auriel - 12-06-2015, 01:58 PM
RE: in the dead of night - by NPC - 12-06-2015, 02:05 PM
RE: in the dead of night - by Auriel - 12-06-2015, 02:27 PM