the Rift

[PRIVATE] I will fail you, of that I'm sure

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod

The idea that they might leave had not yet fully materialized in his thoughts, but it didn't come as a surprise to him that Ophelia thought that way. She was a nomad by nature, not tied to any one thing - except himself, he hoped - and was capable and happy wherever her hooves took her. What if that was to be his fate now, too? What if that was why he was destined to be drawn to her? To show him that his home was gone and he could never have another place to settle, to put roots, because none would ever be home again?

Considering what she said, he nodded almost grimly. "Your opinion of me is all that matters. If those here show me no loyalty...I will not feel guilt for leaving them to turn upon themselves without my protection." He hoped it would not have to come to that. Torleik had intended to remain here, to make this place great, but to do that he had to be ready. The War of the Rift had shown him he was not, not yet, not after so much conflict.

Now he felt he was. If the World's Edge held so little trust in their leaders that they would replace both after a single season despite no great and devastating losses to the herd during the entire world nearly coming apart...then they were not worth his toil.

"talk talk talk"

"This winter breath, taste of death
Where iron meets flesh. we'll take it all"

Coding by Tamme with credits to Sevin | Art by Yewrezz

@Ophelia
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
I will fail you, of that I'm sure - by Torleik - 12-06-2015, 03:36 PM
RE: I will fail you, of that I'm sure - by Torleik - 12-06-2015, 04:50 PM