the Rift

[PRIVATE] gold rush

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
Volterra & Nymeria
So look in the mirror / And tell me, who do you see? / Is it still you? / Or is it me?

Despite the red's irritation at his bonded - to put it mildly - he sends the stallion an image of black brother, and, of course, Nymeria. Sister. He has not seen her in longer than he cares to recall, and there's almost an awkwardness about him as he tries to wipe away the majority of the blood onto a nearby leaf. It doesn't work, and he still looks like what he is - a man, fresh from battle.

Reluctantly, he tears his gaze away from the egg to look to his sister. It's hard to decide what's more beautiful - his sibling, even more a woman than she was last time they met, or the egg that holds his future within its shell. What did you do? Her question reminds him that he's standing over broken eggs and wolf carcasses, and he doesn't quite know what to say. Does she think he killed a dragon and shattered her eggs? "This isn't what it looks like," he splutters, wondering if she thinks him capable of slaughtering a dragon when he adores them so much. "The wolves attacked the clutch - I tried to protect the eggs, but it was too late for most of them. And now, look." He moves aside, displaying the golden egg in all its glory, glimmering innocently amongst its shattered siblings. His nose is still warm from where he touched it, and he steps closer to it again, seemingly unable to move too far away from it for fear something will happen to drag away his dreams.

On his branch, with Lilómiel beside him, Vérzés hisses. To his black brother alone, not the horses on the ground, the red speaks in a combination of body language and draconic chirps and growls; "I not enough for him." Surely the black will understand - he, too, has the solitary sanctum of a horse's mind to call his own. Would he want to share, if Nymeria ever discovered and coveted a second egg? Back on the ground, Volterra looks to his sister and shifts again, trying not to let his gaze linger too long on her magnificent body. The egg is a worthy distraction, so he looks at that instead.

image credits

@Nymeria

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
gold rush - by Volterra - 12-08-2015, 03:23 PM
RE: gold rush - by Nymeria - 12-12-2015, 12:27 PM
RE: gold rush - by Volterra - 12-12-2015, 04:09 PM
RE: gold rush - by Nymeria - 12-16-2015, 10:00 PM
RE: gold rush - by Volterra - 12-19-2015, 08:46 AM
RE: gold rush - by Nymeria - 12-19-2015, 06:56 PM
RE: gold rush - by Volterra - 12-21-2015, 02:49 PM
RE: gold rush - by Nymeria - 12-25-2015, 03:47 PM
RE: gold rush - by Volterra - 12-28-2015, 10:21 AM
RE: gold rush - by Nymeria - 01-23-2016, 08:19 PM