the Rift

!! Flux and Flow [Healer Lesson]

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

Okay, so, this was a pretty darn sad turnout. What little was left of her courage to speak in front of others had begun to wilt at this point. She had Agnodice, whom she had welcomed to the herd, and Miykael, whom was her other Earth Medic. No one else. Alas, at least Agnodice had been trying to gather herbs in her spare time!

She sighed, giving a gentle motion with her maw and Valiance began to move the All-Heal into the front of the 'gathering'. "The first one is called All-Heal. Contrary to the name, it does not heal all, but it will help with bruises and cuts." The dark green herb with leaves growing in pairs was flowering purple. "It is most commonly found in fields, and I would recommend it to be used as a salve." After ensuring that each attendee had seen the herb, he grabbed the Aloe Vera and began to repeat the process. This time, it was a dusky green plant - much like a cactus - which offered yellow flowers (in the summer time). "Aloe Vera is known to assist with burns and cuts, and I would also use this as a salve. You will find this most often in warm environments."

From there, they moved onto Chastberry. "While Chastberry has other uses, for the purposes of this lesson, it aids with pain and weakness in the limbs. I would give this orally." Valiance carefully flew the pieces of the shrub around - showing the lance-like leaves and the flowers, as well as the grey and purple berries that were scattered across it.  "You can find these anywhere that deciduous plants grow and in Mediterranean-like environments. Cleavers are widespread, though, and can be used to reduce inflammation and detoxify the blood." She paused for a moment, to allow Valiance a chance to show the small-white flowered plant which garnered delicate leaves. "Cloves must be dried if we are keeping them long term, and they are found on evergreen trees that will produce a small oblong fruit with a little pulp. In order to use their healing effects it will need to be made into a salve (and though it will serve other purposes as well) the main point of this one for battle first aid will be muscle soreness and anti-bacterial properties, which will help reduce chances of infection."

Valiance carefully laid each of the five plants covered currently before Resplendence before returning to his position upon her withers. "Does anyone have any questions about these five before we move on?" She finished with, offering a moment of silence for anyone to speak up.

@Agnodice @Miykael
Thanks for posting you guys!

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
RE: !! Flux and Flow [Healer Lesson] - by Miykael - 12-17-2015, 03:25 AM
RE: !! Flux and Flow [Healer Lesson] - by Resplendence - 12-19-2015, 12:04 AM
RE: !! Flux and Flow [Healer Lesson] - by Miykael - 01-23-2016, 01:25 AM