the Rift

[PRIVATE] time don't always make things better

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
the happy ending depends, of course...
As he reached out, the white skin beneath his black lips hardened and disappeared, moving away from his gentle touch. His head turned away and his eyes closed in a longer than necessary blink, internally tamping down the— embarrassment? awkwardness? chagrin? — that suddenly smoldered in his great chest. But it was short-lived as his sadness for his Queen promptly settled its great weight over any other emotion. The woman was so broken by this ‘Addict,’ was so filled with self-loathing, that she shied away from his comforting touch? The Elephant felt his jaw ache to clench, unreasonable anger towards the Addict unfurling in his barrel. “I’m sorry, Elsa—” his low, quiet apology was barely audible… and he wasn’t sure if he was apologizing for his touch, for her sorrows, or some other intangible thing.

He had not realized Edgar had left— so the pert zephyr’s absences went unnoticed by the King. Perhaps, had he seen his departure, the giant may been able to understand that this was habitual for the Icebound. That pushing others away was her way of protecting herself. Then again, perhaps this may have been too much of a leap for the Elephant. Regardless, he did not see the companion leave— his eyes and thoughts were too focused on the glacial mare before him.

But it seemed that some of Elsa’s ice had melted, as suddenly there was a cool and soft velvet lightly brushing his broad jaw. It stayed for a breath, then a breath longer— and then it was gone. An ear flicked sideways, towards her, before his great head and deep eyes followed suit and swiveled back to face her.

He had lost her sapphire gaze, which skittered around his as she hastily spoke and made a retreat. His words had been frozen by the unexpected softness of her touch, so it is in silence that he listened and watched her retreat. But his deep words return, said mostly to himself as the Icebound disappeared, “A promise I make,” the low words are resounding, holding more truth than any in Helovia know, “Is a promise I keep.”
...on when you end your story.
image | bckg

ooc| @Elsa sounds good! I'll get that up ASAP, sorry it's taking forever. Also, I love her ;-;

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
time don't always make things better - by Elsa - 12-07-2015, 07:24 PM
RE: time don't always make things better - by Tembovu - 01-12-2016, 10:57 AM