the Rift

[OPEN] Frogs & Ptarmigans | Welcoming!

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
Orange Moon had finally arrived in the Aurora Basin, and with it came the near forgotten chill that accompanied the change of seasons in the great north. Snow had been falling for some time now, erasing any evidence of the life that flourished in the tundra during the warmer months. For many it was bitter and unforgiving, but for the star girl, it was home. It had only been a year since she had made the long journey to this place. She had nearly starved to death in the outskirts outside Helovia, before wandering into the Threshold and being ushered to the Basin by d'Artagnan. She hadn't seen the stag for a while now, and she hoped to see him again soon and thank him for rescuing her.

This journey had been a long one, especially with the little legs and a curious heart slowing them considerably. But Ki'irha didn't mind. In fact, she enjoyed the jovial nature of the trip. Along their way, she told the girl of their leaders. Though the blue barely knew the lords and lady herself, she still respected their reign. But she assured Hyzenthlay they were all very nice, and desired to protect her, as well as the rest of the herd. She told her about her own friends in the Basin, of the wise Ashamin and the gentle Enna.

As they passed over the Frostbreath Steppe, snow had begun to fall softly. They cut their way over the land, their path carved into the freshly fallen white. In the distance, the looming sentinels stood guard at the entrance of the Basin. She walked slowly, unsure of the babe's energy as they finished the last stretch of their journey. The metal giants grew larger still the closer they came, and she hoped they would not startle the filly. They were certainly a sight.

A single blue ear twisted on its poll as a sound caught the corporal's attention. She turned her head, looking at a gnarled bush not too far off. The slightest crunch of dying leaves and a soft coo told the attentive warrior an exciting moment waited a few steps ahead. She smiled, before casting her silver gaze at the child. "Watch this," she whispered. "Tell me if I've done it right."

Turning, she began to creep towards the bush. She dropped her crowned head low, ears turned back. Her tail twitched, the tassle flicking. Her steps were slow, deliberate, avoiding anything that may betray her position. It was comical to see the proud corporal slink forward like a hunting cat. She paused, waiting a moment, before letting loose a triumphant whinny and bursting forward into the bush. From it flew several shocked ptarmigans, their brown summer feathers marred by the white they had begun to show for the change of seasons.

She laughed as they disappeared, and she untangled herself from the brambles. "How was that?" she said, trotting back to the unusual filly. Though there were certainly no frogs in this climate, the blue was certain the girl would find other means of entertaining herself. There was plenty to keep an adventurous heart busy.

"Come along, we're almost there. I'm sure you're ready to rest." Soon they stood beside the great sentinels. In the cold they creaked, a thin layer of snow covering their sloped backs. "These great beasts help protect our home," she began. "You need permission to enter, or else they might come to life. But no need to worry. Since I invited you, you'll be okay." Truth was, Ki'irha couldn't exactly invite her to stay. Someone with more power needed to provide her freedom to join the Aurora Basin herd. Silver eyes scanned the horizon, hoping to catch a glimpse of someone who could welcome the girl in. Someone who could welcome her home.

Talk
OOC// A welcoming thread for @Hyzenthlay . Reaching out to @Thranduil @Hotaru and @Deimos or anyone who can officially accept her!
I’ll taste the night sky —
     AND FEEL ALIVE AGAIN
image credits
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Messages In This Thread
Frogs & Ptarmigans | Welcoming! - by Ki'irha - 12-07-2015, 09:26 PM
RE: Frogs & Ptarmigans | Welcoming! - by Hyzenthlay - 12-07-2015, 11:23 PM
RE: Frogs & Ptarmigans | Welcoming! - by Ki'irha - 12-21-2015, 11:14 PM
RE: Frogs & Ptarmigans | Welcoming! - by Hyzenthlay - 12-27-2015, 07:38 PM