Z
E
N
T
H
L
A
Y
Dun Dun dun…dun. Dun. Dun dun dun. Dun. Dun. Dun dun dun.

Adventure music played nonstop inside my head as Ki and I traversed over the land to our home. My new home. Yeah sure it was sad to know that mama and papa didn’t find me right away, but surely some day they would! It was only a matter of time. As long as I stayed here in this land they would definitely have no troubles finding me, right?

Ki spoke and lectured as we ran across fields, jumped over hills, and flew towards someplace where the temperature was gradually falling. She told me about the leaders of her herd…our herd…and then kept saying how nice they were and how they would protect me. Then she went on to talk about some of her friends and boy I was became so giddy with excitement that I took a quick little side-adventure, where I met a boy Tiberius, and then quickly caught up to Ki again before she even realized where I had been hopefully.

White stuff fell from the sky more heavily now. Snow Tiberius had called it. Snow…

Curiously, I blew air at a few flakes that were close to my face and as soon as I did they went fluttering and sputtering in little curly q’s away from me but still towards the ground. A huge grin grew on my face and I squealed with delight and began romping around in the accumulated snow. That is until Ki stopped and I practically ran right into her leg head on with an audible oof noise escaping me. But it didn’t matter, Ki soon grabbed my complete interest as she spoke to me, telling me to watch what she was about to do.

Green eyes watched unerringly as Ki crouched lower to the ground and slowly made her way towards a bush. I fought to hold back my childish giggles as she mimicked what I had done earlier. Then all of a sudden, Ki sent a loud whinny up into the air and jumped into the bush producing an array of feathers and brown and white splotched birds taking off to get away. Just then the fits of giggles that I had fought back broke loose and ran freely from my lungs, “Yes,” I managed to choke out to her on what little air I was able to breath in, “It was,” I paused as I continued to laugh uncontrollably, “It was perfect!”

Once all the laughter stopped though Ki called out to me to keep going and said that we were almost there. Then she said something about me being ready to rest. Psh. Like I was ready to sleep. Not with all this fun waiting to be had around here! “I don’t need to rest!” I manage to say defiantly right before a yawn plagues me and a mixed look of defiance and admission glazed my face as if I was saying ‘okay maybe I do need rest’.

Wide eyes looked at the metal beings as Ki spoke about them and how they could come to life. But these weren’t wide eyes of fear, no, these were wide eyes of awe followed by hundreds of questions to follow.

“What are they? How do they come to life? Are they animals? How do they protect our home? How’d they get here? Do they have names?”

The questions just seemed to pour from my mouth as if I was asking without thinking, but I was. My mind was just reeling that fast. I wanted to know everything and anything about these great beasts as Ki called them. In fact, the only thing that stopped me from asking more questions was a loud gurgle of my stomach as it protested for food. Knowing Ki had to hear it too I flinched and then gave her a half grin before I took a quick glance for any type of food that I may have known of…but there wasn’t any to be found. No berries, no mama, no nothing. What was I supposed to eat?! Mama and papa couldn’t find me if I wasted away to nothing and died from starvation.

"speech"
notes:: gods i love zen so much.
tags:: none from me.

Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
Frogs & Ptarmigans | Welcoming! - by Ki'irha - 12-07-2015, 09:26 PM
RE: Frogs & Ptarmigans | Welcoming! - by Hyzenthlay - 12-07-2015, 11:23 PM
RE: Frogs & Ptarmigans | Welcoming! - by Ki'irha - 12-21-2015, 11:14 PM
RE: Frogs & Ptarmigans | Welcoming! - by Hyzenthlay - 12-27-2015, 07:38 PM