E
N
T
H
L
A
Y
Magic.

That was what Ki had said. The giant statues worked with magic and protected those that lived here. It was so cool! A new land to explore, magic, and lords and ladies oh boy the excitement buzzed through me uncontrollably as Ki talked more about how the statues didn’t have names. I would have paused there for a minute and thought of names had there not been others that came to join us. SOO…. instead I remained there with my little body shivering from both the cold and my excitement.

The first person to join us was in fact not an equine but some sort of deer. He didn’t stand all too tall but his crashing through the green trees took me by surprise a little. He didn’t scare me, just surprised me. Quickly though I was staring at the creature who dipped his head to me and then looked so joyful. A huge grin sprawled across my face as I realized that this was an animal and probably someone’s pet of sorts. But I wondered if he could understand me, or even speak. Hrm. Perhaps I should try it out.

“Hi!” my voice squeaks through my sheer awe, “I’m Hyzenthlay, who are you?”

I wait for just a few minutes before another being enters the area and joins us, only this time it was a stallion and he certainly didn’t seem all that happy. His gaze runs over me with his stern looking face and I couldn’t help but wriggle under it. It was rather uncomfortable, but before I could do anything further he spoke only three words. Who are you?

Like really?! Geez he could have at least tried to have been nicer. But no, he just stood there curling and flicking his looking all tough. Well I wasn’t going to let that get to me. No sir. I was going to be the daughter that mama and papa wanted me to be and just deal with it.

Lord Thranduil, it is an honor to see you again sir.

My mouth was already half open as I was going to reply to him, but Ki’s voice rang out before mine and I could feel my mouth dropping. This guy? THIS GUY WAS A LORD?! But…he seemed…so mean and sour. As soon as Ki began to introduce me to Lord Thranduil, I snapped my mouth shut and watched her as she frowned while spinning my story before him. Instantly I began to pull my head to my chest out of an awkward feeling shyness that formed for only a few minutes before Ki then turned to me and reminded me that she had told me a little bit about him and sent me a soft smile.

Instantly my shyness disappeared and my own grin grew upon my lips as I looked back at Ki and then to the deer and Lord Thranduil, “Mhm, I remember,” I spoke to Ki before turning to the deer who seemed so joyous to see me, “I like you,” I stated as I half ran towards him, “We can be friends okay!”

Then I turned to Lord Thranduil and tried to think of some way that I could perhaps cheer him up or make him nicer but my mind drew blank so I found myself just blurting words out to him, “We can be friends too,” Though the words were much quieter than when I spoke to the deer and Ki they were still very much audible to everyone present. And after I said my words to him I gave him one of the biggest, goofiest grins I could ever give as an attempt to at least appease him in some manner.

"speech"
notes:: sorry for the lateness. sick and holiday stuffs hit back to back.
tags:: @Thranduil

Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
Frogs & Ptarmigans | Welcoming! - by Ki'irha - 12-07-2015, 09:26 PM
RE: Frogs & Ptarmigans | Welcoming! - by Hyzenthlay - 12-07-2015, 11:23 PM
RE: Frogs & Ptarmigans | Welcoming! - by Ki'irha - 12-21-2015, 11:14 PM
RE: Frogs & Ptarmigans | Welcoming! - by Hyzenthlay - 12-27-2015, 07:38 PM