the Rift

[PRIVATE] go on, say it

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
rexanna
I had a dream you were two towns from me —
I found myself in complete shock and awe at the sight of the land I stumbled upon. It was a place like nothing I had ever seen here in Helovia. Places had mimicked it back home, blood puddles and little lakes tinted with the color of massacres and genocide, but nothing – NOTHING – like this. It smelled of Rift and I wondered if perhaps this was the land that caused that little alabaster filly, Erthe, to get those horrific boils that the Basin had been so safe from. My heart yearned for her and her wounds, such a young age and such a horrifying place to be. But beyond the darkness I felt from this land, there was also beauty. And as I made my way through, moving closer to the falls, I began to realize how much it resembled and reflected me as well. What if this place was perfect until something came along and ruined it?

An image flashed before my eyes of my past mate, his pelt just as red as the waters that fell from the top of the cliff. His personality just as rugged and worn away as the rocks – consistently pelted by the water as it ran across it. Dulling it down. It resembled him in so many ways, and in those many ways I felt my heart beat a little faster. A little bit more broken too. I trudged on, though. Moving swiftly as the sun fell through the trees in this breezy Orangemoon day to land on my gilded coat. Blue eyes glued to the ruby hues of the river that ran from the falls in such a way like birds attracted to mirrors. Once I reached the edge, I peered down at my moving reflection, thankful to see that I stared back.

With that feeling of reassurance within my mind, I stepped back, looking back up over to the falls, ears pinning back out of awkwardness and memories that flooded back in such a way that I wished I hadn’t ever found myself in this land; And hoped to never make a return to it.

"Talk."
— got to sleep,
spent the whole night running.
image credits

@Tilney
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
go on, say it - by Rexanna - 12-08-2015, 02:56 AM
RE: go on, say it - by Tilney - 12-08-2015, 04:41 AM
RE: go on, say it - by Rexanna - 12-08-2015, 05:07 AM
RE: go on, say it - by Tilney - 12-11-2015, 06:00 AM
RE: go on, say it - by Rexanna - 12-14-2015, 02:09 AM
RE: go on, say it - by Tilney - 01-06-2016, 05:35 AM