the Rift

[PRIVATE] the bitter end

Glasgow Posts: 127
Aurora Basin Apprentice atk: 3.5 | def: 10.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3hh :: 11 years HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Skylark
to die by your side,
My rugged pale pelt coincided with the marble that adorned the sides of the Ancient Rotunda as I passed through, awed and amazed at the fact of how much these simplistic columns and stained glass reminded me of home. Glassy eyes looked up at the ceiling of the structure, colors cascading down in a rainbow of forms against my alabaster skin. It was soothing, but also painful. A painful reminder of the fact that I couldn’t get my sister back, that I couldn’t save her, that I ended up with these horrible scars and broken horn. It was at that point that I swung my heavy crowned head around to make sure I hadn’t lost the tip of my horn out of my tail, swishing it gently I could still see the reflection of the little trinket I carried with me now. Heaving a gentle sigh, I leaned my weathered bones against the column closest to me. Glancing down into the little courtyard attached to the Rotunda, listening to the sounds of the water and the birds overhead.

Glassy eyes scanned across the field in view, feeling the chill in the air as it whipped by my mane and tail. It brushed lightly against my skin and I couldn’t help but to breathe in the scent of Tallsun’s passing, wondering just how long it was before my tenth birthday and how I already felt like a skeleton walking among gods. Speaking of gods, I had learned a lot from my past experiences with gods. The fact that they were nothing to mess with and (at least for me) nothing to praise. I never had a god do anything helpful for me. If anything, the only experiences I had with them had been punishment and desertion. As if they got upset enough if you left their faith, they weren’t even there to protect you when you needed them most. And they expected us to blindly follow them. While my vision was slowly beginning to fail me as I grew older, I had come to realize that I wasn’t going to follow them and hang on their every word. For me, I felt as though they had something to prove to me. Even in Helovia. I had seen the aftermath of the Rift fights. The disease that sprawled across the lands. It reminded me too much of the demons that haunted me back home. But it was also something that kept me closed off. I wasn’t willing to open myself too much anymore, afraid of getting attached and getting them ripped from me again. I had dealt with that once before, and once was more than enough.

All I knew was that I felt so alone in this world now, surrounded by so many that may or may not have any idea of how the world works in other places. The idea of it was enough to nearly make me sick in so much blind ignorance that many seemed to have about the gift of life. It wasn’t something to take for granted. And I slowly hoped that perhaps I hadn’t taken it with a grain of salt. I felt like I proved myself over and over again, despite the fact that nobody could see it. Now, no one could even see past my scars.

"Talk."
—is such a
heavenly
way to die.
image credits

@Alune

Messages In This Thread
the bitter end - by Glasgow - 12-08-2015, 04:21 AM
RE: the bitter end - by Alune - 12-08-2015, 05:13 AM
RE: the bitter end - by Glasgow - 12-19-2015, 11:22 PM