the Rift

[OPEN] Kung Fu fighting, on your roller skates

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

It couldn't be plainer that the filly didn't believe her. Skepticism stood about her like miasma, from the thin line drawn by the mouth to the slanting ears and the stiffness of the tail. Though the wolf had disappeared from sight Erthë kept looking around for it, the tension of her slender body proof enough that the smallest hint of a fur-lined back or lolling tongue would trigger a disaster of unknown proportions.

Still. Ghost seemed intent on turning this hazardous encounter into something productive, and the child allowed herself to be persuaded. Far from calm she none the less plucked the dangerous weapon from the air and tucked it back beneath a pearly wing, as reluctant as she was relieved that she wouldn't have to fight for her life again.

"You may be right" she nodded precociously, thinking back on the chaotic battlefields she had stumbled onto time and again in the past.  "There were so many people milling about, a person could hardly remember the face of everyone."  

She tried to smile, but it came out slightly stiff, a grimace made worse as the filly was reminded of why indeed she was down on the beach. Shuffling fine grained sand between her feet she threw a quick glance at the ocean that flanked her, then shrugged a little and tried to sound airy and indifferent when she replied, rather than like the proud braggart she really was.

"I was practicing my new magic" she said.  "I only just discovered it, so I thought I should learn to control it. How about you - why are you here?"

And with a wolf for company. But instead of further aggravating the situation Erthë tried to swallow her own dismay, opting instead to study the leather contraption the black mare was wearing over her body. It intrigued her how it had just appeared seemingly from nowhere, as though conjured by a spell. But could things really have magic, just like people?

"That thing you're wearing... how did you get it on so quickly?" she asked. Curiosity shone in her eyes and softened the harsh wariness until she actually looked her age, a mere half grown filly where before had been an ageless, heartless valkyrie.

Erthë
and my knees are shaking - - and my dreams are breaking - - but i know i live today

bg || image || table

@Ghost

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kung Fu fighting, on your roller skates - by Erthë - 01-19-2016, 10:36 PM