the Rift

[OPEN] All play and no work.

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable

As she coaxed the rope into being, Nasreen’s mind quieted. Loosened by the methodic process, her body began to relax. Scrape, pull, twist, repeat, the maiden mentally hummed to herself, bending over her craft. Scrape, pull, twist, repeat. Though the ever-present ache in her heart did not cease its throbbing, even that faded to a dull thrum beneath the rhythm of her work. When she reached the end of her strand, the maiden did not falter, but simply went to collect more of the vines and continued to twine them together. Perhaps it was a form of escapism, but at least it was productive.

So wrapped up was she in her project that Nasreen did not notice the shadow that flitted overhead. Thus, she was rather startled by the cheery voice from above, and her head jerked up bemusedly at the arrival of company. “Good day to you, wing sister!” a pegasus mare greeted her as she fluttered down from the sky. A light tinkle of bells accompanied her lilting voice, as if she were some sort of mythical creature. And to be sure, the stranger was different, for Nasreen had spotted the glorious set of extra wings that sprouted from her shoulders. Though taken aback, she took care not to stare. While she might not be a princess any longer, Nasreen still possessed her share of courtly graces—fairly rough graces, as her nursemaid had wailed once upon a time, but graces nonetheless. The same instinctual etiquette allowed her to swallow her surprise and greet the newcomer readily with a dip of the head and a gentle smile. “Good day to you as well, sister,” she replied in turn. Sister. The word felt strange on her tongue, for she had only ever used it to address the kin long lost to her, but she didn’t know how else to address the golden girl. It was always best in matters of etiquette to follow the example of those around you, Nasreen remembered. “I’m Nasreen,” she continued. “Might I have the privilege of your acquaintance?” It was a rare occasion that she dusted off the Th’orquian manners—her style was often to bumble first and ask questions later—but something about this impressive four-winged mare seemed to call for a certain level of formality.

Unsurprisingly, the stranger had taken notice of the rope that stretched several feet behind Nasreen. Edging closer curiously, she seemed to examine the copper mare’s handiwork before inquiring softly, “What task are you about?” At the attention given to the rather clumsily-made rope, Nasreen shrugged shyly. “Just a little rope-making,” the maiden answered, casting a glance at the vines as well. “I find it quiets my nerves.”

horse:Colourize-Stock.deviantart.com || bg: Dark-Wolfs-Stock.deviantart.com || wings: Chocomix-Stock.deviantart.com & Chunga-Stock.deviantart.com || image: impassioned-dreams.deviantart.com || table by wanda
Image Link

OOC: Not at all, I love new friends! :D

@Riel
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Messages In This Thread
All play and no work. - by Nasreen - 12-09-2015, 08:12 PM
RE: All play and no work. - by Riel - 12-17-2015, 07:24 PM
RE: All play and no work. - by Nasreen - 12-20-2015, 03:23 AM
RE: All play and no work. - by Cera - 12-27-2015, 04:32 PM