the Rift

[OPEN] I wonder if you'd look the same, in morning light through window panes

Badger Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Gelding :: Equine :: 15'2hh :: 10 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Snow

ALCHEMIST

The world suddenly goes white as her wings envelope me, and I giggle as one of the feathers tickles my neck. As it always does when she calls me Uncle Badger, I feel a flutter of happiness deep in my chest, which makes my ears stand tall on my head and my warm eyes glow with delight. Her enthusiasm is catching - and, not for the first time, I marvel at her strength. It's been only a few months since her mother died, since she was badly injured twice in the God battles, yet she is a little ray of sunshine. If more horses were like her, the world would be a far better place.

She asks what I've been up to, and I chuckle. "Oh, the usual. Collecting herbs, exploring. Boring adult things." I swing my tail to rid myself of some of the pesky flies that still insist on persecuting my flanks even now it's autumn. As she comments on the beauty of this place, I nod my agreement. It may be hotter than I'd like, and the plants a bit too spiky, but I wouldn't change it for the world. This is my home, my herd, and for all its flaws I love it. "It is, isn't it?"

My smile fades slightly, then, as I turn serious. I look to her, and my gaze travels down towards the leg that was shattered in the most recent battle. "How are you, Erthë? How are your legs? They look a lot better. I hope they're treating you well over in the Edge." I'd naturally been gutted when she chose to go to the Edge rather than here, but I can understand she wants to be with her father. After all, I'm not really family, as much as I wish I was. He sired her, he created her - I just nurture her when there's nobody left to pick up the pieces for her. And that's what I'll always do, until the day I die.

image credits

@Erthë

Messages In This Thread
RE: I wonder if you'd look the same, in morning light through window panes - by Badger - 12-12-2015, 06:03 PM