the Rift

[OPEN] I wonder if you'd look the same, in morning light through window panes

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
Eventide is softly casting o'er the earth a magic spell,
And a love-song, everlasting, on the night wind seems to swell.

She laughed too, silvery droplets of mirth falling like brilliant rain in the morning light. He evaded the question of course - since when had she ever found adult matters to be boring, after all? Erthë had always been unusually interested in the workings of the world, for one so young - but as always she forgave him this. It wasn't easy for the grown equids with their fixed views of what the world ought to be like to accept that not every child preferred to play on flower fields over discussing politics or religion. And in a way, she supposed it might not even be relevant, what her favorite uncle had spent his time doing. As long as he hadn't settled down with a family or some such without telling her about it she would accept anything, everything.

But he grew serious again, much quicker than she had hoped, and Erthë sighed as her own smile faded.

"There's been no difference" she admitted, voice soft and light though her eyes trailed off, unable to hide the presence of concern about the issue.

"I asked a healer in the Edge to look at it after we got back home because the leg kept swelling and hurting, and she tried to heal it but I don't think she was able to do more than you or miss Res already had. Lady Ophelia - you know, the white unicorn lady with red-tipped hair who was on the Island too? - she said she'd take me to the Veins to pray to the gods for help, but it seems she got a bit sidetracked..."

The filly gave the black gelding a helpless little smile and shrugged with the wings, expressing her quiet frustration on the matter. They were getting close to the subject she'd wanted to talk to her teacher about now, but she wasn't sure how to approach it - or how he would take it. She'd been careless, after all, and as much as she wanted to hope Erthë had a feeling she might be walking headlong into a scolding.

To stall for time, she began to walk along the coast, loathe to head further inland without an explicit invitation to do so but still keen to see more of the island.

"I, uhm.. I think I messed up, uncle" she finally said, carefully avoiding his gaze where she limped along. "Remember when you taught me about herbs and their effects..?"

@Badger
@Sikeax - don't be afraid to jump in at any time dear :3

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
RE: I wonder if you'd look the same, in morning light through window panes - by Erthë - 12-13-2015, 05:48 AM