the Rift

[OPEN] I wonder if you'd look the same, in morning light through window panes

Badger Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Gelding :: Equine :: 15'2hh :: 10 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Snow

ALCHEMIST

There's been no difference. I make no attempt to hide my concern. If her condition hasn't changed, does that mean she is in constant pain? I cannot stand that idea. If it was another creature hurting her, then I could do something about that. Well....I could try to, at least. But the pain is coming from her own body, and there is no force on earth that can conquer that. This notion leaves me feeling powerless, and I paw the ground anxiously. I am supposed to be able to help her, to spare her from pain, and yet there's nothing I can do.

It makes me ache with anger that I can't help her.

She mentions consulting the Edge's healer, and that a woman named Ophelia offered to take her to the Gods to be healed. I can't help it - I shrivel my nose slightly. "I hope the Gods will be able to fix you, my dear, but...try not to pin all of your hopes on it. Like any man, I pray that the Gods can cure all ills, but if that was the case then why didn't the Earth God heal you when he cured everybody of their illnesses?" Either the deity couldn't fix her shattered legs, or he just chose not to.

I don't know which of those is more concerning.

I hate the notion of shattering her dreams, though, and regret my words almost as soon as they leave my lips. She begins to walk, and I follow. I offer one broad shoulder for her to lean on if she so chooses, if her legs still pain her, and I walk as slow as I can to accomodate her. I love showing off my home, but not if it's going to cause her pain. She speaks again, with a rather ominous air, like she's about to ask or tell me something I won't like. I think I messed up. My heart skips a beat, then races as she continues. Remember when you taught me of herbs and their effects? I'm not usually foul mouthed, but I think shit. Have I taught her the wrong thing? Did she try to heal someone and hurt them instead, because I gave her false information? "I remember," I say slowly. "What's happened?"

image credits

@Erthë

Messages In This Thread
RE: I wonder if you'd look the same, in morning light through window panes - by Badger - 12-24-2015, 01:56 PM