the Rift

[OPEN] Det händer att jag ser dig då och då

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
Eventide is softly casting o'er the earth a magic spell,
And a love-song, everlasting, on the night wind seems to swell.

Murtagh was good at the whole flattering thing. Suitably impressed, his display of awe and excitement made the girl straighten up with renewed confidence, despite herself dragged along at his enthusiastic pace. How could she not smile back, when he was so obviously happy to see her!

"Sure!" she replied with almost equal level of excitement - that was nearly quelled as the bear showed up. They did make her nervous, there was no denying that. While Vlasi too was ferocious in appearance, it was one thing to spend time with someone almost every day of your life and another to be brought together with the kind of dangerous beasts you'd be likely to find in the wilderness. And with the Winter God still fresh in memory, Erthë felt she could be excused for flinching in the presence of a bear whose resemblance was uncannily like the deceased god.

She smiled back at her young friend, a little awkward still but less unsettled than she had been upon first meeting his Mama - this still made her want to snicker, how could a bear be your mother? - and with the steely gaze of Lakota on her, felt as though her tongue had swelled to double its regular size. How could one mare be more intimidating than rampaging gods and wild beasts?

But approval was given, and as the filly breathed out in relief she nodded eagerly in response to the elegant mare's questions.

"I told my dad I'd come here" she assured, "and I'll manage. Sorry if I'm slow..."

Grinning excitedly at Murtagh, Erthë moved up to join in next to him - if bears and mother bears would allow it - and did what she could to hide the heavy limp of her front legs. It would have been tempting to use her wings instead, but between the dense vegetation and Lakota's veiled threats of what might happen if she veered off the path, Erthë swallowed both pain and impatience and obediently followed in the wake of the mare.

It wasn't exactly how she had hoped the whole venture would turn out. With adults hawking over them, the scope of their games would be decidedly restricted, but as the colt seemed unconcerned... Who was she to complain? At least she was allowed to stay with her friend for a while.

"So, eh.. what do you do everyday?" she asked him, awkward as she assumed the mammina would be listening in to the conversation. "I've never been here before... is it fun to live in the Falls?"

@Murtagh

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
RE: Det händer att jag ser dig då och då - by Erthë - 01-17-2016, 08:43 AM