the Rift

In All My Dreams I Drown [Open]

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind

Trudging through the feathery undergrowth , Tilney was in a hurry to get out of the threshold before the afternoon was out. The blue sky was now hinting lemony tones, indicating to him that he had a few hours before he was left blindly fumbling. He had to find shelter soon. Recently Tilney had found himself becoming more envious of fellow Helovians simply because of their ability to see throughout the night. Night vision was a sense he had learned to cope without, but he often wished himself to tears at the thought of stargazing just one last time. 
Aside from the sheer inconvenience of being night blind, there was also the humiliation he felt from simply not feeling capable. 'If I cant see at night what can I do?' was a daunting doubt that often cramped his mind. It was for this reason that he kept his disability locked a stone cold secret, buried in his otherwise warm heart. It was a secrect all in his new homeland were oblivious to; all but one that is. 

Oh, Arah...

He caught himself thinking about the Ivory princess once again; As if she ever left his head though. His lofty crown shook as if trying to tremble the sweet notions from his burning brain, he grunted a low growl and tried desperately to fix his mind on other things. It was just a crush he tried to tell himself, but he was sure he cared for her more then just some childish affection. He cared for Arah deeply.

It was like the gods were listening to his thoughts, hearing his twisting brain and how much he wanted a distraction; They had given him one. Twigs snapped under the strangers hooves, his nares swiftly pointing in the direction of the sound. He could only just make out the figure of an ashen doe. She was not crowned like himself or winged like other helovians; She was the simple, beautiful colour of ash with no distracting horns or finery. Lost was the one word he could easily pick from a short gaze at her countenance; he could fix that though.

She wasn't particularly close, but not too far that he couldn't reach her in a number of lofty strides. Springing from between two trees Tilney traced over a tall fallen log and through the ferns towards the doe, slowing on his closer approach as not to frighten her. Snorting on his arrival a few paces from her side he stood proudly next to her, a soft laugh falling from his lips. "You do look quite lost ma'am" was his musical bellow, green eyes exploring hers of dark vermillion. "I am Tilney, of the Worlds Edge. Something tells me you have not crossed these borders before" His tone was quizzing, eyes squinted in a questioning gaze but he was confident in his statement; she did look quite bedazzled. 

"If its lodgings you seek, I will be headed back to my home at the Edge in the morning and you are welcome to accompany me!"

tilney
And Oh there is more to this life

@Kairo

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Messages In This Thread
In All My Dreams I Drown [Open] - by Kairo - 12-11-2015, 02:48 AM
RE: In All My Dreams I Drown [Open] - by Tilney - 12-11-2015, 05:09 AM
RE: In All My Dreams I Drown [Open] - by Kairo - 12-11-2015, 10:07 PM
RE: In All My Dreams I Drown [Open] - by Tilney - 12-12-2015, 01:18 AM
RE: In All My Dreams I Drown [Open] - by Kairo - 12-17-2015, 07:09 PM