the Rift

[PRIVATE] when your heart's turned to gold
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Back to her wandering ways, free from the pressure and weight of responsibility, she wanders through forests she used to call her home. Here, beneath these fiery boughs, she had brought a group together to successfully take over the Foothills with her sister. This was where they had gathered and discussed, hid in secret and took their prisoners. Her history was long and brimming with violence, but she was proud of it nonetheless. How many could say they lead a group victoriously? Very few, she assumed. This was not to say she was arrogant, only just realizing that her accomplishments were more than just getting a drawing pinned up on the fridge door.

She inhaled deeply, the forest scents stirring so many thoughts to her mind. Her mother had been burned here, her funeral a silent affair. Before the pyre, she had stood, tearless and quiet with only Torleik's shoulder to lean on, and she had pushed her emotions down deep into the yawning chasm of her heart. Ophelia was not expressive, barely able to admit her own emotions to herself let alone others. She was cool on the outside, strong and unyielding with firm borders that yielded pain when crossed.

There was little in her heart in the way of affection except for a few, and as she heard a commotion in the forest, she wondered...

Cloven hooves moved silently as the subtly hiss of dragon's wings flapped about her head. Tinek moved forward, bounding from branch to branch before her mind exploded in an excitement of colors and sounds from her dragon friend. Ophelia blinked, recovering from the strong sensation and she followed him deeper into the woods, her heart stirring when she saw her nephew there along with a tiny, golden creature. The silver dragon's tail wagged excitedly, and he jumped down, noticing the tension that seemed to exist between the red and this golden child.

"Phi, this makes the third one I've seen! Three queens! Akaith, Bri and now..." he trailed unsure of this one's name.

"You must be very fortunate, Tinek," she responded with a smile.

Ophelia approached her nephew, hearing the dragon's name and mulling it over in her mind. "Congratulations, Volterra," she said softly. If any boy with as much passion for dragons deserved this, he did. In fact, he reminded her of herself so long ago. Back when she met Comadre, she could think of nothing else but dragons. She had wanted one for years, and then Ktulu had given her Tinek's egg. Ophelia had been sated with her one Tinek, but he had also been a beautiful, royal little fish with a mind already threatening to overpower her feeble, memory leaden one. Volterra could handle two. He was strong and sane.

"If anyone deserved this honor, 'tis you," she said, smiling happily for him, no selfishness in her eyes nor covetous desire hidden in her words. Her joy was legitimate. "Tinek is also excited."

Her dragon bounded around the scene, approaching curiously and laying down nearby, little puffs of frost blooming from his nostrils.

She noticed a raven with a rather pretty bronze dragon sitting in a tree and her heart surged with pain at the thought of Hototo. Ophelia quickly averted her gaze and looked back at the gold creature, listening to the raven talk and reminding herself that Toto was gone and that dragon could not be his...

"This winter breath, taste of death
Where iron meets flesh. we'll take it all"

Coding by Tamme with credits to Sevin | Art by Yewrezz

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
when your heart's turned to gold - by Volterra - 12-12-2015, 03:06 PM
RE: when your heart's turned to gold - by Isopia - 12-12-2015, 03:44 PM
RE: when your heart's turned to gold - by Ophelia - 12-12-2015, 03:59 PM
RE: when your heart's turned to gold - by Erthë - 12-12-2015, 06:57 PM
RE: when your heart's turned to gold - by Isopia - 12-13-2015, 11:48 AM
RE: when your heart's turned to gold - by Ophelia - 12-16-2015, 01:26 PM
RE: when your heart's turned to gold - by Erthë - 12-16-2015, 06:14 PM
RE: when your heart's turned to gold - by Isopia - 12-21-2015, 08:30 PM
RE: when your heart's turned to gold - by Ophelia - 12-23-2015, 12:47 PM
RE: when your heart's turned to gold - by Erthë - 12-25-2015, 01:34 PM