[OPEN] Treading Water

Riel Posts: 15
Absent Abyss atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2hh :: 5 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
LovellaTorendo

in the golden lightning of the sunken sun
o'er which clouds are bright'ning thou dost float and run
like an unbodied joy whose race is just begun

It is early morning in the Throat on another day of a very wet Orangemoon.  A gilded pegasus is enjoying her leisure by the watering hole, double wings spread out to take full advantage of the rain shower.  She drinks her fill then tucks her head back to lip at her damp feathers, separating them carefully to aid in their cleaning.  Her nostrils flare wide and flutter questioningly, as if they have caught a strange scent.  However, it does not seem to concern her over much for she simply continues her grooming routine.  After a while her head snaps up and her bright eyes squint into the growing mists.

That gaze is trained back over her shoulder and at length it fixes on the giant tree that she has paid no attention to before now.  It is a massive tree and with it’s red sheen it blends well against the desert background.  This monstrosity towers over all below it, branches spreading to create a large circular patch of relatively dry ground beneath them.  The trunk is great in width and scarred here and there by ancient fires long past.  Riel can not see that it bleeds red blood for it is not currently wounded, but that would likely not come as a surprise. Seemingly awed she turns, wings still extended, and creeps forward towards it.

I could have sworn I felt eyes watching me as I preened but there is no one about, not on the land or in the sky… at least not that I can see.  There is a tree though, a great, old tree.  Perhaps it is the silent, unmoving regard of this aged thing that I felt though it does not posses eyes.  I wonder, as many before me surely have, what it has stood witness to in it’s lifetime.  The rain is no bother to me, but all the same I move forward and slink beneath the branches of the beast.  My wings remain extended, I must not forget to let them dry fully before I attempt to fly again, and the trunk of the tree is so vast that I imagine only the very tips of my feathers peek out around it.

Riel comes beneath the branches oblivious to the shadow mare and her yellow-eyed companion lurking on the other side.  She presses her forehead against the trunk and whispers in a soft, melodious voice as if the tree might understand and answer.

“Who are you?  What have you seen?” 

the pale purple even melts around thy flight
like a star of Heaven in the broad daylight
thou art unseen, but yet I hear thy shrill delight
(Image Credits | table by Chan | quote from "to a skylark" by Percy Bysshe Shelley)

@Ghost 
@Misael

Helovia Hard Mode
(pixel by Chan | pixel base by BronzeHalo)
Actions: No killing | Tagging: Yes
Riel was designed, characterized and originally played by Chan

Messages In This Thread
Treading Water - by Ghost - 12-12-2015, 07:09 AM
RE: Treading Water - by Riel - 12-18-2015, 06:50 PM
RE: Treading Water - by Misael - 12-23-2015, 03:18 PM
RE: Treading Water - by Ghost - 01-11-2016, 10:04 AM
RE: Treading Water - by Misael - 01-28-2016, 09:44 PM