the Rift

[OPEN] The House of Wolves

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds
Essetia & Romul
And although I wasn't losing my mind, It was a chorus so sublime
He was a fortress, a wall in which I intended to fell, but only after working against the cracks in his fortitude- a way into his steadfast resolve. I watched patiently as he regarded the wolf at my side, his evergreen eyes flitting from Romul, then back to me. I wondered what worried him so… A brute of his size would be more than a match for Romul- the wolf was without a pack after all if one were to exclude myself. But of course, this titan would not be the first nor the last to cringe at the sight of my companion, despite my ability to handle his jaws even better than the wolf himself. I suppose it all boiled down to another’s willingness to let me lead where I felt necessary.

However, the stallion was smart if he was not overly personable. Instead of approaching me as I would have thought, he remained at a distance- a tactic that I’d grown too familiar with over the years. I acknowledged his clever appeals with a softer, more genuine smile, one less meant to grate his nerves as I was so wont to do. I’d attempted to apologize after all, surely that meant something… even to him.

As we neared an impasse of sorts, both of us wondering whether or not to welcome the other, he finally allowed an answer for my curiosities. It was nothing out of the ordinary as I was hoping it would be, but it was certainly something. Then, without any more interest than I’d claimed in the first place, he posed a question of his own. If we’d been ships in passing, we would have greeted one another with a blowing of our horns before sailing away into the sunset. I guess not everyone found my company to be as compelling as the many intriguing personality’s I’d met over the past few weeks.

I guess I came to look at the sea… It’s been a favorite pastime of mine recently,” I stated truthfully and without malice. “Brings back memories…

Of course it did… and of course I’d never tried to hide that fact. Whether or not I ever shared those memories was a separate act altogether, but I’d grown to be an honest woman, an honest friend, and an honest leader to those who would have me. I had no reason to lie. “Do you have somewhere like that?” I questioned more fervently, certainly more intrigued by the direction of conversation than I’d been before. “I mean, is there somewhere close to your heart that is somehow greater than the rest?

OOC | ~
Image Credit

@Grimalkin

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity

Messages In This Thread
The House of Wolves - by Essetia - 12-12-2015, 09:19 AM
RE: The House of Wolves - by Grimalkin - 12-23-2015, 07:57 AM
RE: The House of Wolves - by Essetia - 12-27-2015, 10:23 PM
RE: The House of Wolves - by Grimalkin - 12-30-2015, 04:35 PM
RE: The House of Wolves - by Essetia - 01-02-2016, 05:02 PM