the Rift

[OPEN] The House of Wolves

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds
Essetia & Romul
And although I wasn't losing my mind, It was a chorus so sublime
If we’d been built barriers, I’d like to think we’d be made of stone. It’s a sturdy force to be reckoned with, but not entirely invincible. The weather could erode it, hammers could chip away at it, and water could press through the cracks, but if we repaired ourselves accordingly, nothing could get inside. If that’s what we were and if that’s how we operated, what good did it do us to speak and to think and to live? What good was this life without feeling? At times I told myself I didn’t feel at all… at least after so much hurt and a past riddled in turmoil. But that wasn’t what had shaped the man before me, or at least I could only estimate as much. After all, each of us had a story and a book of memories that somehow directed our narratives, but why were we suddenly so comfortable letting our hurts or even our victories decide how we lived?

Those were all thoughts that distracted me as I turned away from the stallion to face the sea. We were not similar by any means, but somehow kindred spirits. We both had walls, both had mysteries, and even secrets that the other would never know. Perhaps it was the anonymity that kept us at bay with our thoughts, only contented with the company of others when they didn’t pose questions too serious or too close. I hadn’t always lived that way and I certainly hadn’t expected to become so reserved, but that was the influence of tragedy whenever it reared its ugly head. That was the influence of life.

I stirred slightly when he spoke, his accent still falling harshly on my unaccustomed ears. When he answered me though, I sensed something softer, something more genuine. If I’d struck a chord somewhere just beneath the surface, then I hoped it stayed… If not, then I’d have to dig a little deeper.

I can’t say that I’m the same… I often visit too much. It’s the cruelest kind of self-inflicted torture I’ve ever experienced,” I countered without reservation. He didn’t need to know my story or why I’d come, but now he held empty information to carry about until (if at all) we met again. But what did it matter that I’d shared something so personal about myself? In the grand scheme of things, he still knew nothing… only that a girl visited the beach where painful memories came to light.

It didn’t matter to him.

OOC | ~
Image Credit

@Grimalkin

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity

Messages In This Thread
The House of Wolves - by Essetia - 12-12-2015, 09:19 AM
RE: The House of Wolves - by Grimalkin - 12-23-2015, 07:57 AM
RE: The House of Wolves - by Essetia - 12-27-2015, 10:23 PM
RE: The House of Wolves - by Grimalkin - 12-30-2015, 04:35 PM