the Rift

[OPEN] greet the dawn || meet your doom

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily
Aaron

More came, as they always seemed to do when someone died. One I did not know, taller and horned. He seemed to be the new leader of the Edge now. He spoke, but I barely listened. My attention is on Amaris and the spotted one who dared speak the word justice. I remember, a long time ago when I made him feel like he was on fire. A small childish part of me longed to do so again. How dare he even indicate that in death, this was her justice. But I did not. The only thing that saved him from my fury, or even Alanna's acidic bite was Amaris. She began to speak finally, and I listened. As I listened, the anger and fury that was threatening to both over take myself and Alanna seemed to dim. She was right, and I know it. Mirage would not want this. She had never wanted anything but a home for the Qian.

So what we had invaded? Had she not gone to every herd to seek out the leads? I remember her going to the now Falls, then called the Foothills. Why else would Paladin of had us stand at her side. Yes, I had been in the invasion not just as a Qian member, but as a Foothills member too. I remember the fight very well. It had been my first real fight. I hadn't been much help. I probably barely did any damage and came out of it with no scars. "She wanted to make amends - to heal the lands and souls she had helped break - but how could she? Would you have listened to her? Helped her? Without thinking, I spoke. "I would have. She is family, just as you are Amaris. The Qian, no matter how scatters we have all become will always be family to me." My loyalty, had never wavered. Not even all these years later.

"There is no justice," It seems my words had an effect after all. I merely nodded. No, there was no justice in any death, be it of old age or murder. However it is the words that come next, that makes my blood run cold. "I did not murder Torasin. I came for your trial—I came late, but I came for it, but you were already gone by then. I came, even though I did not trust you to judge me fairly." My head jerks around to stare at him now, the shock clear on my face now. "He died smiling," I find my voice, one word barely able to escape my lips. "You.." So many questions began whipping through my mind. Finally, I spoke again. "He was like a Father to me.... If you say you did not murder him.... Then what happened?" I had not been there for the trial... Had there ever been a trial?

The next time he seemed to speak, it was not to me. It was to Amaris. I am surprised to know that he could weld not only ice but fire as well. Alanna and I couldn't move, and instead stand there frozen in our own shock and awe.

"Talking"
"Alanna speaks"

Neo, I freaking love you. Because Aaron didn't know Mau had a hand in Torasin's death, yet i've always wanted him to find out.

Image- foxyfirewings @ DA
Brush- http://www.obsidiandawn.com

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Messages In This Thread
greet the dawn || meet your doom - by Mirage - 12-13-2015, 04:56 AM
RE: greet the dawn || meet your doom - by Amaris - 12-13-2015, 04:58 AM
RE: greet the dawn || meet your doom - by Mirage - 12-13-2015, 05:01 AM
RE: greet the dawn || meet your doom - by Amaris - 12-13-2015, 05:07 AM
RE: greet the dawn || meet your doom - by Mauja - 12-13-2015, 12:51 PM
RE: greet the dawn || meet your doom - by Aaron - 12-13-2015, 04:31 PM
RE: greet the dawn || meet your doom - by Tembovu - 12-13-2015, 09:17 PM
RE: greet the dawn || meet your doom - by Amaris - 12-14-2015, 01:52 AM
RE: greet the dawn || meet your doom - by Elsa - 12-14-2015, 10:37 AM
RE: greet the dawn || meet your doom - by Mauja - 12-14-2015, 05:12 PM
RE: greet the dawn || meet your doom - by Alune - 12-14-2015, 05:51 PM