the Rift

[OPEN] Something old, something new

Areli Posts: 82
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 hh :: 3 (Birdsong) HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bee :: Grey Wolf :: None Shady
Areli
the flower that smells the sweetest is shy and lowly

Suddenly the stillness of the clearing shattered. A voice called her name, and Areli nearly jumped out of her skin. She had been too interested in the rotunda to hear Galiel’s approach, and the other filly’s arrival startled her soundly. Feeling the upward rush of her bonded’s adrenaline, Bee barked and came running from where she had been exploring, ready to protect her mistress. 

However, when Areli turned, she only found—“Galiel,” she breathed in visible relief. “Gods, you scared me!” Though her tone was reproachful, the girl was rather grateful to have a bit of company. While Galiel wouldn’t be much help if those so-called gods and monsters decided to make an appearance, Areli considered it vaguely comforting that at least she wouldn’t be eaten alone. Hackles now lowered, Bee huffed indignantly from her place at the dark yearling’s hooves, as if to ask, what about me? But Areli only rolled her eyes at the pup before addressing Galiel again.

“I dunno,” she confessed, gaze flickering back to the structure before them. “’S pretty though. Let’s explore!” Feeling bolder now that she had a friend at her side, Areli strode forward, intending to climb the gazebo stairs. “C’mon!” she called once she had gotten inside. Her voice echoed hollowly from the crumbling stone walls. “’S like a castle in here,” she continued reverently, looking around. To be sure, Areli had seen few buildings other than the old prison cell in the Falls and thus had little to compare to the stories that she had heard of palaces far, far away. However, the idea wasn’t entirely unfounded: the structure was grand, ornately decorated, and brimming with mystery—all very castle-like qualities. To her, the logic held. “C’mon,” the girl repeated, growing increasingly excited about their discovery, “Ya gotta see this!”

OOC: Sorry for the delayed reply, the holidays ate me!

"speech"
Image Credits || original coding by Tamme; tweaked by Shady || quote by William Wordsworth

@Galiel
[Image: areli_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgh47.png]
Icon base: Bronzehalo
Please do not tag Areli except in opening posts!

Messages In This Thread
Something old, something new - by Areli - 12-13-2015, 08:00 PM
RE: Something old, something new - by Galiel - 12-29-2015, 09:31 PM
RE: Something old, something new - by Areli - 01-04-2016, 01:46 PM
RE: Something old, something new - by Hera - 01-05-2016, 12:46 AM