the Rift

[PRIVATE] we were always meant to be shadow and sin

Nymeria Posts: 182
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 3 years HP: 69.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lilómiel :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Wanderer
And I've grown familiar
With villains that live in my head

It is always interesting, when someone doesn't see you. The stallion, at least, didn't appear to see her, although admittedly looks could be deceiving—no, he seemed genuinely far-off, drifting like a lost ship on the sea. A pale and pearlescent white shed soft light upon his dark and shapely head, carving out a hard jaw and a lonely eye. She, in turn, remained overtly interested, her ears pricked forward in idle interest, but her eyes not so casual. There was a sharp, predatory gleam to her red, reminiscent of ravens or salesmen or sharks—hunters and scavengers all, on a warpath for power.

Lilómiel chirruped something to her in a loosely-formed question, but she did not dignify his childish queries with an answer. Instead, she remained attentive to the stallion's passing, listening, watching, and waiting. She supposed the stallion was her herdmate, and yet that hadn't seemed to amount for much (at least, not yet.) Herdmate was hardly an adequate descriptor for a potential consort, or rival; it didn't have enough... information backing it, particularly with those tight straps and gleaming buckles strapped to his face. There were too many questions, as always, questions that rarely had easy answers, and rarer still were even answered in the first place.

Despite the stranger's difference, he looked very much like her, or her brother.
A warning bell went off in the back of her head, chiming and chiming and chiming, but at this point, she wasn't sure if it was instinct or just Lilómiel getting off on her stewing emotions.

Whatever the case, she wouldn't have this minor curiosity turn into another unsolved riddle. The lost stallion, for all the world alone in the darkness and the faded moonlight, was solvable and usable like anything else: and she would discover his weakness, and his strengths, and pit it against him, because that was what she did and would always do. Once she found out of his rank—if she did—she would only be more greedy to learn his secrets, to learn what was in his pockets.

When she moved from the trees to more trees, she did not soften her footsteps, but let them snap out sharp and clear, a warning shot as much as anything else.

"Who are you?" She said, her voice beseeching and wheedling, friendly and on the very edge of rambunctious.

image credits

OOC: All of Knox's magics can be used on Nymeria without asking first! Apologies for the short post, I'm sure it'll get longer as the thread progresses.

Yes I lied, don't think about you all the time
All my switchblade words ain't aim to cut your sweet delusions

Messages In This Thread
RE: we were always meant to be shadow and sin - by Nymeria - 12-28-2015, 10:45 PM