[PRIVATE] we were always meant to be shadow and sin

Knox Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 7 Years [Tallsun] HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen

Knox
          We didn't know we knew you 'til we lost you
</style>

The voice that comes from behind him is irritating in every way. Knox is too tired to entertain it, just as he was unable to maintain patience for the half-crow that begged him before. Let her be of this rank. Let any at the meeting that show interest in his shadow, be of this rank. Let them all be goddamned spies and thieves!

Knox no longer cares. It is his heart that hurts, it is his body that shudders every time he thinks of all he has lost. With Manhattan gone he is nothing, and yet so many seek him, so many knock upon his door and ask: who are you?

The dark stallion snorts, his body turning deftly to face just one of many more fools who has found him. "So many ask, and so few have been given an answer. When will they learn?" he speaks in part to himself, his voice tired and mournful. Manhattan...

"It doesn't matter who I am. Are you seeking someone, something? State your name and your purpose, I'll direct you to someone who can help." A grunt comes with the words, his tangled tail swishes, and he hears his ancestors murmur quietly in the back of his mind.

They all look for something, a quiet voice speaks in his head. His ears perk and flatten, his breath catches. He wants to believe it is her. He wants to think that somehow she has returned, that she crosses even the borders of the living and dead to find him.

But she can't. No one can reach Knox, not anymore. His father, locked in that addled brain, has tried and tried. His grandfather, his granduncle, so many others who have worn the bridle that Knox has so carelessly tossed aside, has so foolishly given to his son who will do nothing with it. That quiet son, that dumb son. Does Milo know anything, Knox wonders. Does Milo live or breathe or eat or simply follow him, haunt him like a shadow, a reminder of failure?

The hunter can't bear to think of it, can't bear to think of anything. His cold blue eyes stare, he waits for the mare's reply. "Should you be unwilling to provide even that information," Knox adds then, "then we're done here. I'll request you leave me be."

Credit

@Nymeria

Messages In This Thread
RE: we were always meant to be shadow and sin - by Knox - 01-20-2016, 10:48 AM