the Rift

[OPEN] Wake Me Up [Joining]

Uriel Posts: 12
Outcast
Colt :: Hybrid :: 16.1 HH :: 1 Year (Frostfall)
Linds
Uriel
It was high time that the young prince surface from the underbelly of childhood in order to return to the Edge where his mother surely awaited. He had grown alongside his father for a time, but returned to the vast realm of Helovia in search of his sister, Sariel. Of course, he hadn’t caught wind of his little family since his departure and worried that they’d moved on without him, which seemed almost inconceivable to the self-righteous, young male. Evangeline and Sariel were the very beating of his heart and family made up the bones upon which their safety rested. Though just under a year old, Uriel had wanted more than anything to outweigh the disadvantages of his youth, if only to stand proudly at the helm of his household. Where his father failed, Uriel would not. Where his father was weak, Uriel would become strong. Where his father had been ushered into the shadowy breeze, Uriel would be the light that bit through the darkness. But first, he had only to return to the place where it all began… the World’s Edge.

Patches of sleek, summer fur were gradually becoming nonexistent with the coming of winter and the colt appeared almost bedraggled. The feathering along his neck and shoulders shifted with the breeze and when the prince turned his dual colored stare against the sun, one could not help but be transfixed by his pale, cerulean eyes. Uriel had inherited so very much from his parents, such as the mutated feathering he and his sister both shared, but his eyes were entirely his own… They were the one attribute that set him apart from those he cared for the most. They were the sole window to his soul and yet so very quiet, blank even.

As the prince wandered once more along the borders of the Edge, he tipped his feathered crown into the mists, welcoming them into his chest as he did so. He was not matured yet, just shy of a year in fact, and his slender body had only begun to take shape of the masculine creature he would one day become. At birth, infection had affected a gangly, front leg, and it influenced a slight limp in his gait that would also dissipate with age. Of course, the colt often cursed his misfortune and blamed his father for such tainted genetics… He awaited the day when he was strong enough to walk outside his father’s blackened reputation.

For a time, Uriel gazed off into the land of his birthright and studied the rising of an afternoon sun. He wanted nothing more than to soak in this moment and to remember what is was like to call such a place home. The softest glimmering across his back became apparent as the colt struggled once again to summon the iridescent wings that only magic allowed him, and for a moment they appeared before falling away in a chaotic spattering of light. One day, he told himself, I will master it one day.

All of it.
Hide your fangs all you want

Tell us that it's different now, you're up to no good
/ image

OOC|| He's just at the border and bear with me, I haven't quite figured out his personality. x.x

Messages In This Thread
Wake Me Up [Joining] - by Uriel - 12-15-2015, 08:59 PM
RE: Wake Me Up [Joining] - by Evangeline - 12-15-2015, 09:23 PM
RE: Wake Me Up [Joining] - by Uriel - 12-15-2015, 10:06 PM
RE: Wake Me Up [Joining] - by Evangeline - 12-15-2015, 10:44 PM
RE: Wake Me Up [Joining] - by Alysanne - 12-15-2015, 11:28 PM
RE: Wake Me Up [Joining] - by Tembovu - 12-16-2015, 01:34 AM
RE: Wake Me Up [Joining] - by Uriel - 12-16-2015, 11:29 PM
RE: Wake Me Up [Joining] - by Evangeline - 01-03-2016, 04:37 PM
RE: Wake Me Up [Joining] - by Alysanne - 01-06-2016, 04:42 PM
RE: Wake Me Up [Joining] - by Tembovu - 01-10-2016, 09:04 PM
RE: Wake Me Up [Joining] - by Uriel - 01-18-2016, 04:06 PM