the Rift

[OPEN] Wake Me Up [Joining]

Uriel Posts: 12
Outcast
Colt :: Hybrid :: 16.1 HH :: 1 Year (Frostfall)
Linds
Uriel
He watched carefully the changing emotions as they warped his mother’s face, causing each fine line and delicate plane to harden before finally falling lax. The pain that settled just between her glowing, green eyes was unmistakable and he wished for nothing more than to inflict such agony upon his father. Whether it be seared flesh or shattered bone, Uriel desired the kind of revenge that was momentarily out of his reach. Besides, when he’d left that beast alone in the darkened woods so far away, he couldn’t imagine that Thor the Gentle Heart would survive long enough to be found. He was weak… he always had been, at least in Uriel’s opinion. The fact that he had completely destroyed his family only added to the burning rage that was called from its slumber at the sight of Evangeline.

He wanted to go to her and press his cheek against her own, whisper his loyalties against her ear, but instead the borders that had always kept them apart remained intact. There was something, perhaps just a notion that he’d adopted as a foal, which kept him safely outside the World’s Edge and outside the loving embrace of his own mother. He believed too strongly in standing tall when others could not. He believed that succumbing to the hurt and the memories was something his sire had relied on.

Uriel was not his father.

Thank you,” he answered softly. For a time he begged inwardly for her to come to him so that he might offer her support and a shoulder upon which to cry, but the young prince knew better than to press his anguished mother about affection she could not yet give. He feared however that Thor’s presence would always be with Evangeline- especially when she looked into her son’s face and saw the brute reflected there.

Yet, it was not the thought of his father that drove the colt so wildly mad with grief and despair. He had trusted his mother to keep a watchful eye on Sariel and she had not. Their family was nothing more than a circle of defeated repetition, each of them finding reasons to disappear… The prince shook his head, his feathered plume pressed tightly against his crown, and scowled. “What do you mean you haven’t seen her since? Were her whereabouts less important than his?” the little prince seethed. It was a wonder to him that one individual could enrapture another so hopelessly… was that was love was? If so, Uriel never wanted to endure such cruel and demanding circumstances… The only love he was and might be capable of was the love he had for his family.

However, before he could apologize for his outburst or fully understand how Sariel had been able to escape Evangeline without notice, another creature emerged from the mists. Its companion, the awful thing, darted forth to greet his mother’s own and Uriel was forced to hold his tongue against the bile rising in his throat. Could they not spare both mother and son a moment of privacy? Did they even know of Evangeline’s children or how she’d let them slip away in the night? Anger simmered hot and low in his belly and the colt scoffed quietly when the painted mare (because she was in fact female) queried about his mother’s wellbeing. With an icy, blue stare he regarded the other’s concern with nothing more than an impassive nod in greeting.

But it seemed that Evangeline had been busy finding comfort in the arms of others instead of searching for Sariel, because yet another beast was involved enough to interrupt their reunion. The border that kept him at bay grew only wider by the minute and the colt began to shift impatiently at the edge. Was there no place in which he and his mother could be alone? The giant oaf, a virile looking specimen no doubt, was also greatly concerned for Evangeline. For a moment Uriel was convinced that his mother had replaced he and his sister, but instead maintained a certain calm despite the calamity roiling inside his head.

”Hello, who are you?”

Did it matter who he was anymore? Did any of it matter anymore? With a fixed, haughty gaze, the prince turned to the stud with the spiraled horn, “I’m her son.
Hide your fangs all you want
Tell us that it's different now, you're up to no good
/ image

@Evangeline @Tembovu @Alysanne | Ali accidentally tagged you xD But I'm glad you guys joined <333

Messages In This Thread
Wake Me Up [Joining] - by Uriel - 12-15-2015, 08:59 PM
RE: Wake Me Up [Joining] - by Evangeline - 12-15-2015, 09:23 PM
RE: Wake Me Up [Joining] - by Uriel - 12-15-2015, 10:06 PM
RE: Wake Me Up [Joining] - by Evangeline - 12-15-2015, 10:44 PM
RE: Wake Me Up [Joining] - by Alysanne - 12-15-2015, 11:28 PM
RE: Wake Me Up [Joining] - by Tembovu - 12-16-2015, 01:34 AM
RE: Wake Me Up [Joining] - by Uriel - 12-16-2015, 11:29 PM
RE: Wake Me Up [Joining] - by Evangeline - 01-03-2016, 04:37 PM
RE: Wake Me Up [Joining] - by Alysanne - 01-06-2016, 04:42 PM
RE: Wake Me Up [Joining] - by Tembovu - 01-10-2016, 09:04 PM
RE: Wake Me Up [Joining] - by Uriel - 01-18-2016, 04:06 PM