the Rift

[OPEN] Gembonds

Alune Posts: 65
World's Edge Seer atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Nova

Ah, what an elegant shadow to have. He was proud to have the porcelain filly in his presence, and he appreciated her company even more. She stuck to him like glue it seemed, whenever she was not off exploring and making good use of her feathery wings. To have wings, he mused, what he wouldn't give for a magnificent pair upon his back to soar the skies with. Maybe he should request a pair from the Lady Moon when his time came to be blessed with magic to make it so, for now, he was content to make his way across the vibrant land with the use of his hooves.

Besides, he had these mist creatures to make the longer trips more entertaining. Their hazy forms had taken to birds this day, resting on his rump or flitting about his feet as the mist rolled forth with his step.

The cave was entered with a mild form of hesitance from the much larger unicorn, head ducked low to avoid any hanging spires from the ceiling as he followed the more confident filly. She seemed to know where she was going, so he dropped to follow behind her at a leisured pace — it wouldn't be a lie to also say he had slowed down to make sure he would slip or trip, how embarrassing it would be for the Seer to do so.

Slip and fly right past his little apprentice, rump high in the air, hair wildly flailing about his titanic mass with his limbs spread like a doe on ice. With enough momentum with his great body, he'd glide across the entire cave he imagined, the vivid image of his blue ass being the last thing poor Erthë saw as he dropped out of view with a wailing cry that would echo throughout the entire network of caverns.

The monsters that lurked would get dinner and a show.

Thoughts were quickly dismissed as his hooves touched more flat ground, gladly and silently saying a prayer to the Goddess to thank her that his ass, and the poor girls innocence was safe for another day. The immaculate voice of his companion reached his ears then, and he turned his attention to her.

"Gemstones, milady." He responded with a bemused smile, the twinkle in his silver eyes glinting just that bit brighter. "I'm going to craft pauldrons, but first I need to gather these stones to weave into them." He paused with the information that she knew of a cavern filled with them as well as a few others, his prehensile tail giving a small flick. "Would you care to show me the way to them all? I agree, fire can be rather boring. Too many hot-heads wield it, no?" There's clearly a story to his statement, but he doesn't continue with it, it was a story for another time. "After this, perhaps we'll go back to the Edge and see if the Goddess has anything to show us today."

Alune watched the headstrong filly then turn her back on the frothing magma kept at bay behind the glittering wall of quartz, frost and ice suited her like a delicate lace glove. Not the destructive and often ill-wielded forces of chaotic fire and charred earth. Too many warriors sought it for selfish means, too many villains twisted and gnarled the earth to make others see their point. Alune had never been fond of it either, preferring the might of frost, the stars and the pure energy of magic itself to come to his defense. He didn't have to wait long to be proven right when it came to Erthë's element of choice, the air dipped in it's heat and the air sang instead with cool and frost.

"Fine magic for a pale lady of the moon." The seer complimented, nose reaching out to touch one of the suspended flakes of frost. The misted birds on his back chirped a silent tune and vanished, only to appear again as miniature polar bears, foxes and hares — as enthralled with her magic as their master was. "Soon you'll be able to freeze me in place." Unable to help himself with an added jest. "But let us move on, and you can show me more of that magic as we gather these gems."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@Erthë
[Image: QsJIY4g.png]
"I have seen the movement of the sinews of the sky,
 And the blood coursing in the veins of the moon."

force & violence permitted on Alune at all times
with the exception of maiming and death

Messages In This Thread
Gembonds - by Alune - 12-16-2015, 05:49 PM
RE: Gembonds - by Erthë - 12-16-2015, 06:46 PM
RE: Gembonds - by Alune - 12-16-2015, 07:49 PM
RE: Gembonds - by Erthë - 01-14-2016, 04:15 AM