Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
Lace is dead, too.

Lace is dead, too.

Lace is dead, too.

Why, why, why now, how, why…?

The dragonmare left the gathering that was her mother's funeral with her ears tilted somewhat back, her brow furrowed in concentration. Why, why, why why why, why… the word rebounded through and through her mind, over and over, until nothing but a hummm of whyhyhy existed in her mind.

South seemed to be the direction to drift towards, and so south she went - she could not be in the Edge, maybe in the future she could try to return there, but not yet, it was too soon, too soon. Holding it together when she was presented with her mother's corpse was easy in comparison to having to deal with the aftermath, the shockwaves of emotions as they broke down the dam wall and flooded the senses with their vivacity, their cruel and pointed ways.

Tears might have been trickling down her cheeks this whole time, but now they seemed to return, renewed and refreshed with their determination, leaking from her nostrils and trickling down the back of her throat as well. The mare was beyond holding them back now - she sniffed and she coughed, she spluttered and muttered her groaning, agonising way through the bush, pausing in surprise when her forelegs splashed in the pond of the Grove. Here, here is where the Moon Goddess brought her back, here is where she kept her all that time, only to let her die, die, die…

Suddenly the dragonmare was filled with a torrent of rage, an anger bright and hot. An equally bright, white dragon appeared above her cranium and let loose a torrent of dragonfire across the surface of the grove - as Amaris felt the white's soul brush against her own, she felt her mind, and seemed to become one with the dragon for a moment - it felt as if she were the one spewing the flames out, she was the one who had come from another realm, pulled forth into this one in an angry rage.

You've been here before, Amaris' inner voice spoke to the dragon, sensing the female's familiarity with this place, sensing that she was once a bonded dragon, when she lived as flesh and blood in this world.

It all came at once then - the flood of information, the memories, the grief. Amaris couldn't tell if the memories were her own or if they were the dragon's, but she was stunned into silence except for a single word that she croaked at the spirit who floated before her.

"Fajira."
Amaris
drákos istoría
theartlex | larfsalot
on deviantart

@Cathun
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
remembering the fallen || falling into memory - by Amaris - 12-17-2015, 05:37 AM