the Rift

[OPEN] Drowning on Land

Caenan Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 4 Years (Ages in OrangeMoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
TierRen
"It's the heart and the soul and the body and the brain
Driving me insane 
But the wind and the land and the fire and the rain 
Always stay the same"
-Roll With the Wind

A detached voice swirled the heavy mists around Caenan. The movements of another shifted the fog to prepare for a grand entrance. "I am Tembovu, King of the Edge." At times the entrance with the most flair is the one with as little flourish as possible. There certainly was no fanfare for this king but his coming from the mist was grand, so much so that Caenan almost forgot his distrust of those with high social standing. 

"Is there a rank you had in mind?" "I am no good with crafting. I have not the patience for it. I doubt myself to have the brains to be a healer or sleuth." He ticked off the things he could not do slowly. He drew his words out allowing himself to think. The bay decided it would be better for him not to voice his opinions and wariness towards the gods. Nor would he mention some of the morals he sometimes swayed on that would also make him a terrible seer. "I am able bodied and could be a protector." He would strengthen his body once more. Caenan's thin state was temporary. 

Yes. That is the path he would take while he was with The Edge. A protector. The idea almost did not appeal to him either. Caenan picked battles for his own sake. He fought for the rush he got from it. The thought of offering life and limb for strangers was entirely unappealing, except for the foals; Caenan would do anything for a young ones, until he thought of the friend he had made. The stallion already knew he would protect Naerys come what may and if he reminded himself that these herd members were her friends and family it made the duty that came with being a soldier an entirely different thought. He would do it gladly.

Silence seemed to stretch the distance between the king and pirate to an impossible distance. Caenan did not know what to say. Should he give a case for why he should be allowed to join? Or was he to stand quietly and allow judgement to be passed? His emerald eyes sought out those of azurite. "Tembovu," Caenan's eyes glinted at the memory of calling a citizen of this herd a 'princess' so easily, even going as far as to bow to her, yet found himself incapable of calling her king such proper things or of bowing. The stallion felt his freedom being stripped away and to attach a face to his upset he was projecting it upon Tembovu. "If it were not for the fact I am tirin' of bein' alone I probably would not be here."

Caenan paused, unsure about where he was going with his honesty. "I have no family, no bonded, and I can think of only one friend." A sigh slipped past his lips, "I am an Outcast to the core," He chose not to elaborate any further. "but I long for friends and family." Caenan snorted, adding his breath to the mist that gathered around the two stallions. "I have been without either for many seasons therefore once I find either I will stop at nothing to defend them. In that way I believe that I could become valuable to The Edge." Caenan prepared himself, "I do not believe you would regret accepting me." and dipped his head in resemblance to a bow. It was a start.
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
[Image: caenan_pixel_by_danjahmouse-d9wbjhj.gif]

Messages In This Thread
Drowning on Land - by Caenan - 12-23-2015, 01:49 AM
RE: Drowning on Land - by Tembovu - 12-23-2015, 08:40 PM
RE: Drowning on Land - by Caenan - 12-28-2015, 01:14 AM
RE: Drowning on Land - by Tembovu - 12-31-2015, 07:46 PM