the Rift

Tell my ghosts.

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
-

She wasn’t the only one who began to glow in the forest. As the sun sank and the moon began to rise, the silver markings on Mesec’s body take on a soft glow, gentle as the moonlight that touched what bits of the trees and ground that it could reach. He hadn’t attempted a visit to the Threshold in some time - disheartened by his previous failed attempts. He wasn’t sure he had the confidence to be a successful recruiter, at least not here. But he returned now, his desire to give something positive back to the herd renewed since his conversation with Megaera and the long-overdue assimilation into the ranks instead of lingering as a citizen.

But the Threshold wasn’t just somewhere that wanderers came into Helovia, sometimes they were seeking refuge - on the run and trying to escape someone or some thing from their past. It seemed the least that any of the Helovians could do, to offer them a home or somewhere that they could rest in the safety of a herd until they decided to move on or try somewhere new. And for this visit, he was not alone. Lucius was curious about the entrance to Helovia too, he had never visited this forest before. With the canopy far too thick for the large zephyr to fly through. So he perched as best as he could on Mesec’s folded wings, talons digging without prejudice into flesh and feathers alike - harsh silver and purple eyes scanning for anyone interesting at all.

In the fading light, the dark mare would have been easy to miss where she lay at the base of the tree had it not been for the markings that illuminated her. It drew him toward her, his bright silver eyes unable to focus anything else in the dim setting. Mesec was curious about someone with such similar colouring to his own and he approached slowly, cautiously. He was wary about interrupting sleep but she did not seem to be dozing at the moment. Perhaps just tired after a long trek? “Hello, are you alright?” His voice was calm and every bit as cautious as his approach had been. He knew that the Threshold was where others came to recruit but when it came down to it Mesec just wasn’t very good about jumping into conversations with those he didn’t know and he worried that he asked a stupid question. It was a wonder he had ever made any friends at all.  

and that's me, that's me, the boy with the broken halo
that's me, that's me ________________ the devil won't let me be

artwork by the fabulous tamme
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
Tell my ghosts. - by Valhalla - 12-18-2015, 03:38 PM
RE: Tell my ghosts. - by Mesec - 12-18-2015, 04:46 PM
RE: Tell my ghosts. - by Keidajen - 12-18-2015, 05:54 PM
RE: Tell my ghosts. - by Elsa - 12-18-2015, 05:57 PM
RE: Tell my ghosts. - by Resplendence - 12-18-2015, 10:57 PM
RE: Tell my ghosts. - by Valhalla - 01-03-2016, 02:40 AM