the Rift

[OPEN] I'll Never Break Your Heart

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah
EXPLORING!

Good gravy boats I do not get to do this nearly as often as I’d like. I stick around the Basin for the better part of the year - not wanting to risk the warmer weather of the southern lands - but sometimes I get bored of seeing other unicorns. You know, we look rather silly all up there with no diversity. Luckily my herd mates are all stunning pieces of ass so it really makes up for the fact that they’ve got a bit of a stick up their bum about who they invite into the herd.

Or maybe they don’t care at all, maybe it’s just a coincidence that there isn’t a single creature up there without a horn. What do I know, no one tells me anything.

EITHER WAY it’s good to get out for a bit anyway. Stretch the old sugar legs and see if I can make some new friends. I pack up absolutely nothing because I have no possessions and leave the Basin in the early hours of the day. Seeing as how this is only the… third or so time I’ve left that place in the past year I gotta say I have no idea where I’m going. And it doesn’t really matter because I am definitely not working with any sort of plan. Where’s the fun in that?

There’s some vague notion that I should be looking for plants that are seeding and might be useful for crafting with but frankly I’m too busy sightseeing.

Next thing I know it’s early afternoon, a chilly cloudy autumn day, and I stumble across this delightful meadow. There are oaks dappling it that are bright with orange and red foliage, just a little hint of brown around the lower branches. Autumn doesn’t really happen in the Basin - the trees are the prickly needle type that stay green and all the little plants get covered in snow practically as soon as summer ends. But this! Oh! Isn’t this just beautiful. Some of these leaves are almost so bright that they match my mane and tail and I linger underneath one such oak - looking up and wondering if I could reach the pretty leaves. They would make a nice present for some of my lady friends back in the Basin, or (even better) they would make a beautiful crown for myself.

King Johnny, Lord of Autumn.

Has quite the poetic ring to it, doesn’t it?

come with me, honey
I'm your sweet sugar candyman
image credits

for @Alune and any!
[Image: Johnny%20by%20Aud_zpsi3ssx2s1.gif]
magic and physical force permitted at all times
vigorous licking strongly encouraged
please tag in all posts

Messages In This Thread
I'll Never Break Your Heart - by Johnny - 12-18-2015, 04:07 PM
RE: I'll Never Break Your Heart - by Eira - 12-18-2015, 11:15 PM
RE: I'll Never Break Your Heart - by Alune - 12-20-2015, 12:14 PM