the Rift

I am a leaf on the wind

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

It’s like losing him all over again. She knows when she walks through the barrier, can feel the wind stripped away from her. Gone, so quickly. Just like him. One minute he was alive and well and training with the army. The next, a messenger was telling them he was dead. There was even time to grieve. There wasn’t time for anything. 

Life from that moment on had been running. Running, running, running. First through the forests of Morham. She knew them well enough to give her and Adelene enough of a head start. The rebels could only follow so quickly where the forest grew dense and maze-like. But Lyanna knew the paths well, and they kept running. 

After that, she doesn’t know exactly where they were. Unfamiliar meadows and mountains, taking whatever route looked passable. They stopped here and there; of course they did, it would be impossible to keep going constantly. But they never stopped for long. 

And with the wind at their backs, they escaped. And finally, they came here. That feeling of being stripped of everything, as horrible as it may have been, made Lyanna finally think they might be safe. What threat were they to the rebels now? Lands and lifetimes away, devoid of any power. They were nothing here, and that’s exactly what they needed. 

Lyanna gives her sister a gentle nudge, suspecting the girl will probably hate it, but not caring. Part of her wanted to insist they stay together. Lyanna didn’t really care where she ended up at this point, would follow her sister to wherever the girl wanted to go. But at the same time, she thinks perhaps some space is good. It’s hard to look at Adelene and not be reminded of Corben. He’d had black where she has white, but still, they look alike. 

Not that she wouldn’t be keeping a close eye on her sister. But they distance themselves slightly now, taking their own paths in this new place. Lyanna tells herself it’s because she can’t smother her sister, has to let the girl live. But of course, some part of her simply needs to find her own life too. Needs to forget where they’ve come from, and Adelene was a constant reminder of that. 

Lyanna knows it won’t work, but she tries anyway. Tries to call the wind to her. Even a whisper in her ears would be enough. But there was nothing. Of course there was nothing. She sighs slightly, taking in her new surroundings instead, trying not to think about it. She has no idea where they’ve ended up. Some forest. It looks so much like every other forest they passed through. It looks like Morham’s forests too, if you don’t know it the way Lyanna does. Not that she’ll ever see Morham again. 

She wants to be sad about everything that's happened. She is sad about it, if she’s being honest. But what good is dwelling on anything going to do her? So she sets her head high and waits to see just want this place will bring.

lyanna

image © harold.lloyd

Messages In This Thread
I am a leaf on the wind - by Lyanna - 12-18-2015, 04:47 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Nasreen - 12-18-2015, 05:50 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Elsa - 12-18-2015, 06:12 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Rei - 12-19-2015, 01:25 AM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Lyanna - 12-21-2015, 10:35 AM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Nasreen - 12-21-2015, 11:28 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Elsa - 12-23-2015, 06:29 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Rei - 12-25-2015, 12:41 AM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Lyanna - 12-29-2015, 11:06 AM