the Rift

I am a leaf on the wind

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable
The two of them were eerily similar, though of course the copper-splashed mare had no way of knowing that. Three years ago, she too had wandered alone in these woods, a fallen princess in search of her scattered family. Three years, Nasreen thought to herself with a touch of sadness. How much had changed since then! And yet here she was again, drifting through the trees like the lost souls who all inevitably seemed to wind up here. The Threshold was a place of simultaneous endings and beginnings, and perhaps on a subconcious level, it was why Nasreen had flown here from the desert. Perhaps, in her heart of hearts, the maiden was still searching for a beginning. She had abandoned the Edge in search of brother and kingdom and had returned empty-handed. But though Th’orqui’s smoking ashes lay behind her and that chapter of her life had concluded, it seemed that Nasreen had yet to turn the page. She had merely gone through the motions, praying that the change of scenery would keep her far enough from the names and faces of her past. However, even the hot desert gusts could not blow away the ghosts that still lurked in the mists of the Edge. With business left unfinished, she was floating in limbo between beginning and end—a leaf on the wind.

Not that she liked to think about it. Even as the memories plagued her, Nasreen fought valiantly against them, searching for a distraction to drown out their echoing whispers. She was of the mind that enough beauty would overshadow any lingering ugliness, and so she had decided to pay a visit to the forests that she missed so desperately in the desert. Orangemoon had always been her favorite season. She had been born in the autumn, and the sight of the foliage covering the trees like clusters of jewels always brought a smile to her face. And so, she browsed amongst the trees, taking in the scent of sap and decay and bathing herself in the colors of the leaves.

It was while she was walking along in this way that something prickled at the back of her brain, the familiar feeling that she was not entirely alone. For the moment, it did not alarm her—travelers often roamed these woods, and she had not expected her stroll to be a solitary one. “Hello?” Nasreen called into the trees. “Is anyone there?” 

OOC: Welcome to Helovia!

horse:Colourize-Stock.deviantart.com || bg: Dark-Wolfs-Stock.deviantart.com || wings: Chocomix-Stock.deviantart.com & Chunga-Stock.deviantart.com || image: impassioned-dreams.deviantart.com || table by wanda
Image Link
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Messages In This Thread
I am a leaf on the wind - by Lyanna - 12-18-2015, 04:47 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Nasreen - 12-18-2015, 05:50 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Elsa - 12-18-2015, 06:12 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Rei - 12-19-2015, 01:25 AM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Lyanna - 12-21-2015, 10:35 AM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Nasreen - 12-21-2015, 11:28 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Elsa - 12-23-2015, 06:29 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Rei - 12-25-2015, 12:41 AM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Lyanna - 12-29-2015, 11:06 AM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Nasreen - 01-04-2016, 04:53 AM