the Rift

I am a leaf on the wind

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

It’s for the best.

She repeats this over and over in hear head and she wandered the forest, glancing toward the path she knew Adelene had taken. Every so often, she’d swerve off her path just a little bit, drawing closer to where, at this point, she can only guess her sister might be. But still. Every second away from the girl is painful and beautiful. 

She cannot help but worry about her sister, worry that she shouldn’t have let the girl go off on her own. But there are also moments when she can look at something and not be reminded of home. Trees that look different than her own forest. Voices that don’t sound like any she knew before.

Wait, voices?

She hears a hello first, then a call to join, following by another. Lyanna turns her gaze in the direction she thinks the sounds are coming from, and then after a few more moments, there’s another voice. Though this time, she can see the source. A white specked pegasus, and she finds that she’s relieved to see that there are other pegasi in this place. The thought hadn’t even crossed her mind until now, but what if there hadn’t been?

It could have been disastrous. She could have left her sister to fend for her own in a place without pegasi. Brilliant Lyanna. Just brilliant, she thinks to herself. At least this wasn’t the case. But still. She needed to be more careful.

Soon they spot the other two. A brown and white Pegasus, and one white and light blue.  Were they all pegasi here, or had Lyanna just happened to draw a crowd of her own species? She has no idea. But still, there’s some relief in the cluster of women that have managed to find her.

“Hello,” she says, realizing she’s probably been silent for a moment too long. She likes to think she can handle anything, likes to think Corben taught her the skills to survive. But still, it’s all a bit much at the moment. And Corben’s still dead. “I’m Lyanna. If you don’t mind my asking, where am I?”

She couldn’t have been the first to ask that question. Hopefully, anyway. She doesn’t want to sound like a fool. But she’s quickly realized she needs more information. If it’s not safe here like she thinks, she’s grabbing Adelene and they’ll be gone again. But the three around her reassure her. They seem kind, this place seems decent. Perhaps it really will be okay. 

lyanna

image © harold.lloyd

Messages In This Thread
I am a leaf on the wind - by Lyanna - 12-18-2015, 04:47 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Nasreen - 12-18-2015, 05:50 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Elsa - 12-18-2015, 06:12 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Rei - 12-19-2015, 01:25 AM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Lyanna - 12-21-2015, 10:35 AM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Nasreen - 12-21-2015, 11:28 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Elsa - 12-23-2015, 06:29 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Rei - 12-25-2015, 12:41 AM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Lyanna - 12-29-2015, 11:06 AM