the Rift

I am a leaf on the wind

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable
Sure enough, Nasreen was not wandering the woods alone. Soon after she had called out, an increasingly familiar form appeared amongst the trees. At the sight of the pale pegasus, the maiden smiled and nickered softly in greeting. Though she could not recall her name, Nasreen knew her by sight—they had met in happier times, she remembered: once on the floating island and again just recently at the beach. “Hello there,” the mare replied. She moved closer, bird in tow, and silently Nasreen marveled at the snow shower that followed in her wake. Magic was common here, but the wonder had not worn off for the copper maiden. “Are you from the Throat?” continued her almost-acquaintance in a pleasant tone. At the question, Nasreen’s smile faltered slightly, and she found herself hesitating. She was affiliated with the herd perhaps, but…her mind flickered to the godswoods of Th’orqui and to the mists of the Edge. The desert could never compare with either, but it was they who had taken her in. How could she repay them with such ingratitude, even if it was a small snub? “…Yes,” she said finally, though she was unable to suppress the whisper of a sigh in her voice, “that is where I live now.”

Nasreen had intended to return the question, but before she could even ask the pale mare what she was called, she heard her own name ringing through the woods. Her breath caught in her throat—so few addressed her with such warmth these days that it caught her off guard. Confused, she spun ‘round to see the beaming face of Rei staring back at her. Rei! she cried in happy surprise, rushing forward to bump noses should the spotted girl allow it. “How wonderful to see you again! How have you been?”

Perhaps the commotion had attracted others in the woods, for yet another winged mare appeared in the clearing. However, this face was unfamiliar to her. “Hello,” the stranger ventured, and Nasreen shifted toward the newcomer, giving her a kind nod and her full attention. “I’m Lyanna.”

“Nasreen,” the maiden returned, with another dip of her head. “If you don’t mind my asking, where am I?” the stranger continued. Nasreen’s ears pricked in interest at this turn of events. “You’re in the Threshold,” she replied, “And this is Helovia.”

horse:Colourize-Stock.deviantart.com || bg: Dark-Wolfs-Stock.deviantart.com || wings: Chocomix-Stock.deviantart.com & Chunga-Stock.deviantart.com || image: impassioned-dreams.deviantart.com || table by wanda
Image Link
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Messages In This Thread
I am a leaf on the wind - by Lyanna - 12-18-2015, 04:47 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Nasreen - 12-18-2015, 05:50 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Elsa - 12-18-2015, 06:12 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Rei - 12-19-2015, 01:25 AM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Lyanna - 12-21-2015, 10:35 AM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Nasreen - 12-21-2015, 11:28 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Elsa - 12-23-2015, 06:29 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Rei - 12-25-2015, 12:41 AM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Lyanna - 12-29-2015, 11:06 AM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Nasreen - 01-04-2016, 04:53 AM