the Rift

I am a leaf on the wind

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable
Rei met her greeting with such sincerity that the girl could not help but feel touched. Though it had been seasons since they had last met, Nasreen harbored an inexplicable attachment to the spotted mare. They were kindred spirits, and the gentle press of Rei’s nose against her own brought her a comfort that she hadn’t experienced in a long time. Her heart ached at the smaller mare’s confession, for the sentiment was all too familiar. “Me too,” she whispered, large grey eyes growing unexpectedly moist. “Come back with me, Rei, and let’s sort ourselves out together,” Nasreen murmured, seeking her friend’s gaze. Her voice was low, meant for the spotted pegasus only, but it was earnest. How desperately she needed a friend in the desert!

However, Elsa’s introduction reminded her that they were not alone, and Nasreen turned towards the larger conversation once more, doing her best to be politely attentive despite the emotions that Rei’s return had unleashed. Though her expression grew wistful at Elsa’s mention of the Edge, she said nothing. Pine for it as she might, it was a place where she could not return without the shameful knowledge that she had abandoned her post. Still, she managed an encouraging nod at Elsa’s offer to the stranger. If Lyanna chose to accompany the wintry mare, it would be a decision well made. She would have full run of the forests, could explore the mists, would fall asleep to the lullaby of the waves against the cliffs…Realizing that she envied the teal-streaked newcomer, Nasreen felt a pang of guilt. While she had made her bed and now had to lie in it, thinking of the home she had lost was bittersweet and she found that she did not care to dwell on it any longer.

Therefore, at Lyanna’s second request, she happily obliged. Though privately, Nasreen felt that the scrubby desert where she now rested her head could not compare to the magnificent groves of trees that Elsa offered, she did her best to muster up some enthusiasm. “The Dragon’s Throat lies to the south,” she chimed in when Elsa had finished. “Though it is a desert island, it’s beautiful in its own way. Everywhere you look, you can see the sky—and we do have some magnificent sunrises,” Nasreen added with a little smile. “The god of the sun watches over our lands,” she continued, wondering what else there was to say about the place where she had now resided for nearly a year. She had been there long enough, yet still she knew little about her herdmates. Bucephalus had all but disappeared, and she hadn’t seen Ilios in ages. However, she did know one thing. “I haven’t lived there for many seasons,” she admitted, looking steadily at the stranger, “But they are a kind sort. They took me in, and I’m sure that they would extend the same offer to you, should you desire a home with them.” She paused, unsure of how to continue. Thankfully, Anka’s antics provided a welcome distraction. As the otter scrambled down from her friend’s back, Nasreen cooed in delight. “Is she yours?” she interrupted herself, looking to Rei. “How precious!”

As it turned out, Rei had a question of her own. While the otter gamboled in the grass, she inquired after Africa. Nasreen tilted her head, thinking back to the one-winged pegasus she had met with Rei. It had been ages ago, back before…no. Banishing the unpleasant memories of the Moon’s murders to the depths of her mind, she returned to the present, shaking her dome with a vague sadness. “No,” she replied, unhappy to disappoint. “I have not seen her since the day we raced, many seasons back. But,” she finished, in an attempt to soften the blow, “I too was away for a while. I’m sure that she won’t be hard to find.”

OOC: Oh my goodness, I am SO sorry for how long this took!! It slipped my mind, and I’m rather embarrassed that you had to wait so long—my apologies!

horse:Colourize-Stock.deviantart.com || bg: Dark-Wolfs-Stock.deviantart.com || wings: Chocomix-Stock.deviantart.com & Chunga-Stock.deviantart.com || image: impassioned-dreams.deviantart.com || table by wanda
Image Link
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Messages In This Thread
I am a leaf on the wind - by Lyanna - 12-18-2015, 04:47 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Nasreen - 12-18-2015, 05:50 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Elsa - 12-18-2015, 06:12 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Rei - 12-19-2015, 01:25 AM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Lyanna - 12-21-2015, 10:35 AM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Nasreen - 12-21-2015, 11:28 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Elsa - 12-23-2015, 06:29 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Rei - 12-25-2015, 12:41 AM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Lyanna - 12-29-2015, 11:06 AM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Nasreen - 01-04-2016, 04:53 AM