the Rift

[OPEN] Under Water, Under Wood

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
Auriel

My eyes grew wide for a moment, but out of intrigue. The wolf snarled at my smoke, at me. His reaction didn't startle me, I wasn't afraid of dogs, even ones with sharp teeth and bloodied maws. I figured that if he decided to attack me I had a dagger that could impale him without killing him (probably), or I could fly away. (Well, unless, of course he attacked my wings..then we might have a problem..but I didn't think of this as being a problem then.) So I ignored his bonded's warning, and waited for him to do more. I didn't press him to, I simply watched, figuring that the envelope was just about to break open. But it never did.

Instead, the mare caught my attention. I flicked an ear towards her as she spoke, but the metamorphosis that her tongue went through soon proved interesting enough for me to devote my gaze to her. My brow furrowed slightly, pale gaze narrowing as she spoke. She was changing gears on me.

To say the least, I was interested. What motivation did she have for deciding to play nice, now? No matter, I figured that it was surely just my presence. My smile grew wider, and I held my head a bit higher. I figured that I was just simply getting better at bringing out the best in others. This new found talent of mine fascinated me more than the mare, but she seemed to insist on my presence.

I followed with no resistance, walking to her side, but keeping my gaze ahead of us. I was a bit distracted, only half-listening to her words till she mentioned my mother. My pace slowed slightly, and I let my pale gaze slip to her for the moment. My attention, for the moment, was focused on Essetia and she knew anything of my mother. "I do know her, quite well, in fact. She's my mother," I spoke softly, deciding that letting the mare know this information might help her open up to me a bit more. It's not as if I wanted to keep my heritage a secret, anyway. I was quite proud of my lineage.

"So, Essetia-from-the-throat, why are you interested in her?" I asked, my words mildly playful. If I stated them in a different tone they could sound malicious, but I didn't intend for bad blood between the two of us. After showing interest in my mother, I figured that Essetia could prove to be either a valuable asset or deadly foe. But with that hostile companion of hers, I didn't want it to be the latter.

Coding by Tamme

@Essetia
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Messages In This Thread
Under Water, Under Wood - by Essetia - 12-18-2015, 11:12 PM
RE: Under Water, Under Wood - by Auriel - 12-19-2015, 01:13 PM
RE: Under Water, Under Wood - by Essetia - 12-19-2015, 09:26 PM
RE: Under Water, Under Wood - by Auriel - 12-20-2015, 02:41 PM
RE: Under Water, Under Wood - by Essetia - 12-20-2015, 10:00 PM
RE: Under Water, Under Wood - by Auriel - 12-20-2015, 11:11 PM
RE: Under Water, Under Wood - by Essetia - 12-21-2015, 01:06 PM
RE: Under Water, Under Wood - by Auriel - 12-23-2015, 08:35 PM
RE: Under Water, Under Wood - by Essetia - 12-27-2015, 10:53 PM
RE: Under Water, Under Wood - by Auriel - 01-05-2016, 06:22 PM
RE: Under Water, Under Wood - by Essetia - 01-05-2016, 10:52 PM