the Rift

[OPEN] Under Water, Under Wood

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds

As if I’d somehow struck a chord in her, Auriel paused to deliberate my admissions. My mention of the Hidden Falls had not gone unnoticed and I recognized the painful remembrance in her stare. Suddenly, I felt sorry for having said anything at all… for having drudged up the battle and the loss. It hurt too because I hadn’t been there, hadn’t seen, hadn’t been able to fight. Ulrik had assured me that my presence would have been for naught, but it didn’t stop me from wondering… and that empty space in my history, the one with so many “what if’s”, had all but killed me since the invasion. It had become too large a part of me to overpower any longer.

Yet, I wasn’t distracted long by ideas of the past and the agonies that lurked there. Instead, more recent deaths were on the menu and I was glad for the change of direction. In fact, I was more than glad when Auriel admitted she might know someone who could give me the information I’d been looking for. However, I didn’t want to appear too excited to hear such news and tried for a more tame reaction. “Is that so?Did it really matter anymore? I was certainly curious, but what did a single death matter compared to the many that had occurred just recently?

Like a flame, I smoldered, still distracted by a million different things that ranged from pleasant to repulsive. I wanted to talk more, wanted to learn, but felt everything had suddenly become moot. My drive to uncover something, anything, was gone. The memories, the pain, everything… it was too much and I didn’t want to feel it anymore.

As if a switch had gone off, I called for Romul to rejoin us through our bond. I needed space… I needed to be alone. I shook my head once before turning to study Auriel herself. She appeared lost to her thoughts and that was something I could respect for what it was. “It’s been good meeting you… truly. But I think it would be best if we returned to the Throat for the night. Duty awaits,” I informed. “Thank you Auriel, for giving me peace where Elsa is concerned. Please, if you see her, give her my regards. It would be good for you to visit sometime I’m sure.

It was a lackluster goodbye, one that left no ties frayed and no promise of repetition, but if one day our paths crossed again, I would be glad. She was a sweet girl… one with a future ahead of her that resembled one I once thought I had.

Essetia & Romul
image credits
@Auriel
OOC| Went ahead and started to wrap up simply because I want to get my ducks in a row before school <3

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity

Messages In This Thread
Under Water, Under Wood - by Essetia - 12-18-2015, 11:12 PM
RE: Under Water, Under Wood - by Auriel - 12-19-2015, 01:13 PM
RE: Under Water, Under Wood - by Essetia - 12-19-2015, 09:26 PM
RE: Under Water, Under Wood - by Auriel - 12-20-2015, 02:41 PM
RE: Under Water, Under Wood - by Essetia - 12-20-2015, 10:00 PM
RE: Under Water, Under Wood - by Auriel - 12-20-2015, 11:11 PM
RE: Under Water, Under Wood - by Essetia - 12-21-2015, 01:06 PM
RE: Under Water, Under Wood - by Auriel - 12-23-2015, 08:35 PM