the Rift

[OPEN] I'm only human - I crash and I break down

Zèklè Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 8.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 14.1 :: Three HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
charks
Making Mama so proud,

But your voice is too loud.
A lot of things were happening, really fast, and Zero was a bit bewildered. Bewildered, hurt, shocked, excited... lots of things, really, but none of them particularly helpful. Your sisters, Ma said, Your sisters- his sisters, two of 'em, just lying there in the fragments of their eggs, and him and Gaucho standing over them looking dumbfounded and unhelpful, as men are wont to do.

Even now the boy was learning about manhood from his father, even if he didn't realize it. Today's lesson: childbirth is weird. He glanced at Gaucho, wondering if the stallion shared his confusion and surprise, but much to Zero's surprise the massive stallion appeared to be sharing a tender moment with Ma. Ugh, gross.

Whatever. He, Zèklè, the not-so-little-Lightning, had been asked to help with the babies. Not Gaucho. Him. Which was a frightening prospect, to be sure, but one he was prepared for. Probably.

He swallowed, uncertain, looking between the twins before turning his hopeless gaze back to Ma. Help how? They looked fine. What was he supposed to even do? But Ma was busy grooming them, and offered no guidance. Zero had gotten his first taste of being an older sibling, and so far it really wasn't that great. He cleared his throat uncertainly, frowning, and shuffled toward the smaller twin.

"Uh, hey, baby sisters..." Zero faltered. They were so small, even to him, so wobbly and uncertain and delicate. Had he really been like that when he was born? No wonder Ma worried about him all the time! As Zero watched them test their legs something else began to swell within him, something warm and fierce and primal. A smile stretched across his face, and he lowered his head, trying to duck around his parents and get the attention of his new baby sisters. "I'm your big brother Zero, an' I'mma protect you, an' take you on adventures, an' teach you all about the world, k?"

Something struck him then and he pulled himself up, eyes widening as he spun to face his mom. "Ma! Ma! What're their names?"

image credits

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm only human - I crash and I break down - by Zèklè - 01-24-2016, 07:27 PM