the Rift

[PRIVATE] Grey Weather

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

“Well in that case I’m going to have to think on it. I’ll try to come up with something really good.” Mesec didn’t even know where to begin to start thinking up names. Lucius had been easy - the moonlight markings that had shone on the zephyr when he was a chick and the brilliance of his egg. Maybe he’d be inspired as he had been with his companion.

The idea of cheering Ampere up was one they both agreed on but just how to do that was more complicated than Mesec thought. “Yeah, she was pretty upset with me…” Lucius bristled at the memory, his feathers standing on end and Mesec’s eyes trailed to him before looking back to Zero. “But yeah, maybe a party wouldn’t be such a good idea.”

Mesec had just been thinking how a golem would be a great idea - how he could help Zero find some blue gems and maybe some silver and more of the black sand that had gone into his - but further thoughts about what they could do to cheer Ampere up came to a grinding halt as Zero continued to speak.

He hadn’t known that the lack of a wing had been a sore-point for the colt and it hurt to watch his friend try to cover up that side, to turn away. Instincts Mesec didn’t know he had encouraged him forward and, providing Zero didn’t move away, he went to wrap his neck around Zero’s and bring up a silver-lined wing to drape across the lightning colt. As though a hug could protect him from the thoughts Mesec feared were racing around that bright mind. “Zero, you shouldn’t think like that. It’s okay to not be able to fly, it doesn’t make you weaker than anyone else.”

“And you know what? I don’t think you not being able to fly plays into it. I bet your mom would worry about you whether you had five wings or just the awesome one that you have. That’s what moms do.” He imagined that being a parent just came with worry, constant and intense. Even if Zero was the most accomplished fighter in all of Helovia, Ampere would still find something to worry about.

Mesec pulled back then so he could look at his friend better, wondering if there was anything he could say that would actually help, or if he was just prattling on. He wasn’t good at this, he had no experience to fall back on for this situation. There were instincts, yes, a desire for a family that was new and he felt protective of the colt. There was a sudden rush of annoyance at the Throat for being predominantly populated by pegasi - he’d have to look elsewhere for examples to dispute the idea that being able to fly would have equalled strength. “But you know, my dad didn’t have any wings, and he was strong - my sis Roskuld, she’s the daughter of the Spark God and she’s short and flightless. Only don’t tell her I said that though because she might run me through with her horn.” A smile played onto Mesec's face again at the thought of his spunky little sister. She literally would - she had tried it before.  “Maybe you and I can do some training? It just takes time but we can surprise you mom with how strong you’re getting. Being able to fly helps with some stuff, yeah, but it's not everything, not even close.”

Mesec

@Zèklè
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
Grey Weather - by Mesec - 12-21-2015, 07:14 PM
RE: Grey Weather - by Zèklè - 12-22-2015, 04:52 PM
RE: Grey Weather - by Mesec - 12-23-2015, 09:56 PM
RE: Grey Weather - by Zèklè - 12-29-2015, 07:53 AM
RE: Grey Weather - by Mesec - 01-05-2016, 03:48 PM
RE: Grey Weather - by Zèklè - 01-21-2016, 08:53 PM
RE: Grey Weather - by Mesec - 01-24-2016, 08:34 PM