the Rift

[OPEN] The Girl Who Fights Bears

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
Snow was falling steadily as they crossed over the tundra. Though Frostfall was still a ways off, the chill had returned to the north, and with it came the frost and white that was accumulating in sweeping drifts.

The blue made her way along, cutting a solid path through the white as she lead a unicorn fae home from the Threshold. She did not need to slow her pace as she had with the filly she had brought here not long ago, as the fighter she had come across in the Threshold seemed hardy enough to not let the cold inhibit her. Enna had broken from their group, escaped ahead as they rested. They would meet again in the Basin, but for now the trio had dwindled to a duo.

"I hope you don't mind the snow," the blue laughed, white clumps clinging to her feathering and mane. "This is only the start. Just wait until Frostfall." Though beautiful, the winter wonderland posed many threats, as the cliffs gave way without warning and the crags were invisible when buried beneath the white. Treacherous footing could easily give way to catastrophic injuries, and though the healers were wonderful, there was only so much that could be done.

The mountains grew from molehills on the horizon. Soon they stood at the mouth of the Basin, the rocks giving way to a magnificent sweeping view of the valley. Evergreens burst from the white, and the glassy sheen of the lake shimmered far off. The star girl smiled, a sigh escaping her. "Behold, Sartura, the Aurora Basin." A frigid wind whipped past them. The blue shivered, as her winter coat had barely begun to grow in. Despite her love for snow, she still coveted the fleeting rays and warmth of the rest of Helovia. Oh well, she was sure to capture what she could before the winter finally embraced the rest of the land, too.

"So, though I have brought you here, I cannot officially welcome you. Someone of higher rank must do that. I'm sure we can find someone. But for now, I'm more than willing to invite you in and show you of this place. All with horns are friends here, and as such you are welcome to enter." She smiled, tail coiling around a rear hoof. "Speaking of rank, many who live here have chosen a vocation. I am Corporal here, and after your battle with the bear I would encourage you to consider using your skills to become a soldier for us. Though, I must say I'm biased. We also have healers, crafters, and storytellers. I'm sure any would be willing to take you in and teach you of their trade." She did not want to rush the newcomer. Hell, she barely knew the doe who she had ushered to her doorstep. It was a lot to take in, and Ki'irha was more than willing to assist the girl the best she could.

Talk
OOC// A welcoming thread for @Sartura ~
Tentative plan is for @Enna to accept, but others are welcome to hop in and make it official!
Sorry it took so long!
I’ll taste the night sky —
     AND FEEL ALIVE AGAIN
image credits
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Messages In This Thread
The Girl Who Fights Bears - by Ki'irha - 12-21-2015, 10:16 PM
RE: The Girl Who Fights Bears - by Sartura - 12-26-2015, 10:41 AM
RE: The Girl Who Fights Bears - by Enna - 01-04-2016, 10:09 PM
RE: The Girl Who Fights Bears - by Tangere - 01-10-2016, 10:36 AM