the Rift

[OPEN] Signs of Life [Patrol]

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
They lived here once, mother used to tell me. The Qian.. her family, her herd. The Deep Forest was once the only refuge they had, the only home they knew - why did they ever leave?

This place is not for living in, not for long times. It is too wild, untamed, dangerous...

So the Qian went to war instead, because that was a safer, tamer option?

Titanic trees cast decent shadows, even when their leafy canopy thinned with the turning of the seasons. Amaris enjoyed this season, much like she enjoyed all seasons - they simply were a part of living upon Helovia, a cosmic shift of the planet that was beyond her, and even the Gods', control.

Looking at her, one might think otherwise. She was a creature of creme and gold, with caramel locks and white dragons dancing across her face otherwise. The season was one of fiery hues, and so was the dragonmare, who walked through the roots and underbrush with practised grace and dexterity. Perhaps Orangemoon was her season - she hardly seemed to fit into any other as comfortably as this.

Why do return to the same ancient, barbaric tradition of forcing others from their homes? Why do we seek out war and bloodshed and death and misery?

Because as vast as this world is, it is not vast enough for all the lives that live here, all the great ideas and different walks of life that traverse these loams. Such things only know how to fear one another, and fear is a dangerous thing if left unchecked.

But it is unfounded fear, unfounded by ignorance and self-proclaimed brilliance. What if everything was made known, what if everyone sought to learn from one another rather than wipe each other out? Why do they seek to destroy that which they do not even know?

Amaris walked with a brown soul glowing above her - the dragon-spirit was barely visible against the burnt hues of the surrounding forest, but its mental link was as loud as ever. The dragon was wizened old male when it was alive, once bonded and pleased to share its thoughts with the dragonmare as it floated through the naked canopies above.

You know the ruby lake within these woods?

Aye, I know it well.

What would happen if a great downpour of rain occurred?

It would fill, and become deeper - what does this-

What would happen if such a downpour occurred that it burst its banks?

It was wash away entirely, and damage all that surrounded it.

You cannot fill a pond already full, dear golden child.

Even when it is full of tar or poison?

Especially then, little one. Especially then.

She walked with her brow furrowed in thought, as the conversation she was having was more mentally challenging than anything else - she did not see the phoenix in the trees above her, though her brown companion did. He hummed a low melody, but Amaris paid it little heed - suddenly she did notice something. The dragonmare paused her steps and stood tall, with ears pricked forward and tail lifted from the loam, ready to swing her whip into its full length if required. The crashing and banging created quite a din, it surely could only be caused by something large and unafraid to draw attention to itself..?

What she saw caused her a bit of relief, at first, for it was not some great beast lumbering through the woods (or was it?), but a winged and horned stallion, with a midnight complexion and something familiar about it.

The memories all came at once then, of a moonlight dance atop the trees of the World's Edge, her birthplace. Of friendly, nervous introductions, new friendships promised - Mesec, she recalled from all those years past. Mesec, she thought with a sad frown upon her brow. He had promised to stop his herd from attacking her home if she helped him, and together they found the midnight flower he was searching for - but he never stopped his herd, they attacked anyway, and so began the age of wars upon Helovia.

He was but a yearling and I barely a weanling, there was little and less that could have been done.. she wanted to forgive him, to forget, and so she tried to do just that, and instead look ahead, to a familiar face to keep her company as she walked through the Deep Forest.

"Mesec?" she called with tones that were neither entirely draconic nor equine. With a playful toss of her tiara she leapt into a sweeping trot towards him, laughing softly within her breast and she greeted him with warm tones and a playful nudge proffered to his own maw. "Do you remember me?" she asked, almost shyly, as she hesitated for a moment, and waited to see what kind of stallion the colt she once knew had become.
Amaris
drákos istoría
theartlex | larfsalot
on deviantart

@Mesec
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
Signs of Life [Patrol] - by Mesec - 12-22-2015, 01:31 AM
RE: Signs of Life [Patrol] - by Amaris - 12-23-2015, 06:05 PM
RE: Signs of Life [Patrol] - by Mesec - 12-28-2015, 09:21 PM
RE: Signs of Life [Patrol] - by Morrigan - 12-28-2015, 10:56 PM
RE: Signs of Life [Patrol] - by Amaris - 01-02-2016, 05:28 AM
RE: Signs of Life [Patrol] - by Mesec - 01-07-2016, 08:45 PM
RE: Signs of Life [Patrol] - by Morrigan - 01-18-2016, 02:46 PM
RE: Signs of Life [Patrol] - by Amaris - 01-21-2016, 01:49 AM
RE: Signs of Life [Patrol] - by Mesec - 02-11-2016, 08:52 PM