the Rift

[OPEN] Signs of Life [Patrol]

Morrigan Posts: 93
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hands :: 7 Orangemoons HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Pongo :: Bongo :: None Xyroca
MORRIGAN & PONGO

"I'm scared that you'll compare and I'll look a lifetime past repair"

Following the protocol of the Dragon's Throat, I steadily made my way towards the Deep Forest to find my patrol group. To this day, I still wasn't sure exactly what our patrols were even for. Nothing interesting ever happened during them, at least not during the ones that I had contributed too. It's not like we were even patrolling our own herd land, so patrols for the sake of guarding our island were out of the question. Was it for information? Recruitment? Or just an attempt to get each of the members of the herds to step outside of their common duties and actually socialize with each other? That was a rather intriguing possibility that I had not considered until now. Many herds and ranks typically stuck to themselves. The healers conversed with the healers, the warriors sparred with warriors, the crafters well...You get the idea.

Following Pongo through the fall-painted leaves made me realize that it was one of the very things that made the Dragon's Throat one of the strongest of the herds. Our patrols, no matter how frivolous, were a common goal that was easy for each member to achieve with ease. It bonded us in a way that no one expected, even just by the simple chats we had wandering along our way. Lost in my own thoughts, I hadn't even been paying attention to where I was going. Mindlessly, I trailed after my beloved bongo as he caught wind of a familiar scent. "Mesec." His voice interrupted my thoughts and jerked me back into the task at hand, picking up my pace to catch up to the hybrid stallion that I had met not long ago. "And other."

It was only a few minutes later before we caught up to the pair, quietly turning around a corner like an awkward third wheel that had the worst timing. Just as my scarlet gaze landed on Mesec, he was bumping noses with a mare that was every bit his contrast. The feathered stallion of midnight versus the scaled golden girl of the sun. My auds flicked back momentarily, feeling as though I had intruded on a private moment between the two. "Oh, my apologies...I...I came for the patrol...I can leave? If you like?" My flustered, shy words barely made it out as I found myself glancing back and forth between the pair.

I was trying desperately to avoid staring at the golden girl, her impressive wings of leather and shining scales tugging at my curiosity. She was unlike any other creature I had seen before, not a horse, not a dragon...But...both? Quickly my gaze darted back towards Mesec before I stared for too long, hoping that he would help take away the awkward feeling that swarmed around me now.

"Speaking."

[Image: spiderglowingsoftly_by_schwartze-d82gn7s.gif]

Verbal/Physical Abuse permitted, no permanently injuring or killing please.

Messages In This Thread
Signs of Life [Patrol] - by Mesec - 12-22-2015, 01:31 AM
RE: Signs of Life [Patrol] - by Amaris - 12-23-2015, 06:05 PM
RE: Signs of Life [Patrol] - by Mesec - 12-28-2015, 09:21 PM
RE: Signs of Life [Patrol] - by Morrigan - 12-28-2015, 10:56 PM
RE: Signs of Life [Patrol] - by Amaris - 01-02-2016, 05:28 AM
RE: Signs of Life [Patrol] - by Mesec - 01-07-2016, 08:45 PM
RE: Signs of Life [Patrol] - by Morrigan - 01-18-2016, 02:46 PM
RE: Signs of Life [Patrol] - by Amaris - 01-21-2016, 01:49 AM
RE: Signs of Life [Patrol] - by Mesec - 02-11-2016, 08:52 PM